ten.

10

10. THE LIFE WE COULD'VE HAD
& WHO WE COULD'VE BEEN

ALEJANDRA AND EMANUEL'S ceremony was both simple and small, since it took place at the height of the Wizarding War, two months after they graduated. Only the Marauders, Monroe, Valencia, Emanuel's parents, and Alejandra's mom were in attendance. Her father had practically disowned her, saying a pureblood like her shouldn't be with, much less marry, a mudblood like Emanuel Barreno. Alex's mother, Natasha, didn't want to lose her daughter and her opinions on blood status weren't as passionate as her husband's.

The two found out Alex was pregnant shortly after the wedding, but they were much more surprised at the first ultrasound. Quadruplets. Four babies all at once. The Marauders were even more shocked than the parents.

~

1977

"There's baby A, front and center as always," Alex explained, pointing at the latest ultrasound picture while Sirius, Remus, James, and Peter all stared down at the picture excitedly. "And of course, baby B is right next to him, and baby C finally moved out of the way so we could get a glimpse at baby D."

"Okay, but are they all boys so you can name them after us?" James questioned and Peter nodded excitedly.

"No matter what they are, they are not named after you, mate," Emanuel patted James's shoulder before he smiled, "Baby A and B are boys."

"And we managed to look at baby C for a second and he is also a boy." Alex added.

"Sounds like things are going our way." Remus smirked and Emanuel rolled his eyes. "Baby D?"

"Well, they're hidden behind their brothers so we have no idea." Alex sighed, but a smile still on her face. "It's fine, they're all healthy, all four of them, and that's what matters."

"Well, I call baby A!" Sirius smirked.

"Baby B!" Peter called.

"C!" James shouted.

"You guys are just claiming the boys," Remus rolled his eyes, looking at Alex and Emanuel. "I'll have baby D, because I don't care whether they're a boy or girl, I'll love them anyway."

"Sorry, what exactly are you calling the babies for?" Alex wondered and Emanuel nodded.

"Godfathers, obviously!" James shrugged. "Who else would you pick? It's perfect, four of us, four quads."

"We also heard you talking about it earlier." Peter admitted. "Knew you were gonna pick us anyways."

~

September 18th, 1977

"There you are! We've been waiting to meet you for a while!" Emanuel whispered in the delivery room, watching as nurses cleaned up his youngest child and only daughter. The three other quads were already in a nursery, taken there as soon as they were delivered.