thirty-nine.

39

39. WHAT DO YOU FEAR

"I DON'T GET IT, mate. You like her, and she likes you. It's as clear as day," Micah told Cedric as the two of them and Silas walked through the hallways of the school.

"You two have been in love with each other since like, first year." Silas added with a shrug and Cedric just rolled his eyes, not saying anything. "Frankly, it's exhausting to watch."

Glancing at Cedric, Micah scoffed, snapping his fingers, "Diggory! You listening?"

"Yeah," Cedric nodded with a sigh. "Thanks for the advice boys, but I'm choosing not to listen to it."

"Come on, man!" Micah rolled his eyes. "You've been pining after her for too long!"

"Shut up, Micah, please." Cedric begged.

"Cedric, really, we're not trying to get you upset," Silas promised calmly, placing a hand on the boy's shoulder. "But you two act like a couple already, might as well make it officially."

"Exactly," Micah agreed. "And then you guys can double-date with Poppy and I."

"You've gone soft, Leblanc." Silas scoffed, shaking his head.

"I'm just in love, Darrius," Micah replied back with a smirk and wrapped an arm over Cedric's shoulder. "So is Diggory here, he just doesn't know it."

"Trust me, I know it," Cedric smirked, shaking his head. "Everyone reminds me constantly about my own feelings."

The trio walked into the Great Hall for dinner, making their way towards the Hufflepuff table. As they passed the Slytherin table, they saw Draco Malfoy making a fit about his injury during Hagrid's class. Cedric, Micah, and Silas all exchanged a look, rolling their eyes.

"I feel real sorry for Louis sometimes," Silas mumbled with a smirk. "Having that as a brother."

"Can you imagine? I would rip my own ears off." Micah agreed with a scoff.

"I would run away." Cedric joked as the three made it to the Hufflepuff table. The boy's eyes fell on Thea immediately, as they usually did, and his eyebrows twisted in concern when he saw an anxious look on her face.

"What's up guys?" Micah asked while sitting down next to Poppy, kissing the girl on the cheek and she smiled slightly— Her face matching everyone else's at the table, worried.

"Yeah, what's with the faces?" Cedric questioned, turning to Thea and sitting down next to her. "Thea?"

"Have you heard?" Tommy asked his sister abruptly as he and the two other de Oro boys sat down at the table. "He's been spotted."

"Sirius Black?" Cedric put the pieces together quickly and looked down at the newspaper Thea was looking at it.

"Where?" Ember grabbed the newspaper from her brother as she sat down at the table. "Holy shit, Achintee?"