thirty-seven.

start checking at the beginning of every chapter for Thea's fits ^^^^

37. CARINA BLACK

WHEN CARINA WAS born, Valencia dodged all questions from the doctors and nurses about the girl's father. She made sure the only connection her daughter had to the Black family was being named after a constellation. As far as Valencia was concerned, she would be the only person who would ever know that Carina Villareal is the daughter of Sirius Black. But then Valencia received a letter from her god-daughter, and all that she tried to protect Carina from could all of a sudden be revealed.

From the moment Remus Lupin looked at the little girl, he could see right through Valencia's lies.

But the thing is, she had never lied. Technically. When little Carina asked about her father, she always received the same answer from her mother, "Your father is away and I'll explain more when you're older."

Valencia Villareal loved her daughter more than anything, and anyone could see that. The mother would go to the ends of the Earth to protect her child. So naturally, when news of an escape from Azkaban reached the Villareal household, Valencia's heart raced a bit. And the mother could've sworn that her heart stopped when she heard the name of the escapee. Sirius Black.

"Oh, gracias a Dios!" Valencia sighed with relief when she opened the door to see the de Oros and Remus Lupin. She rushed them inside the house, quickly glancing outside before closing the door. "I swear to God, every time the doorbell rings, my heart rises to unhealthy levels."

"Go find Carina." Emmanuel smiled slightly at his children, giving them a look that said, 'Don't tell her anything.'

"So you already know?" Remus asked after the Golden four walked into another room and Valencia nodded, letting out a slow breath. "Do you really think he would come here?"

"I don't know." Valencia spoke softly, shrugging her shoulders. "13 years ago, I sent him a letter. Told him I was pregnant, I don't know if he ever got it. So, I'm not even sure if he knows he has a daughter."

"Well, he might, because he's going somewhere." Emanuel told them. "And if he's not coming for Carina, then what?"

"Flame," Remus looked at his good friend. "There is a large possibility that Sirius could be coming after Teo, Tobi, Tommy, and Thea."

The father's eyes widened in fear, shaking his head, "No, he wouldn't."

"There were rumors that both you and Alejandra died that night," Valencia whispered. "Rumors that the Deatheaters went to finish you off. Maybe he thinks you're gone and is coming for the kids to protect them. If you're gone, they don't have anyone."

"And Harry," Remus added, his eyes wide. "Harry. Sirius knows James and Lily are gone, he knows Harry is alone for sure."

"If Sirius isn't coming here, he's going after Harry." Emanuel agreed and turned to Valencia. "Val, you have to tell Carina."