thirty.

30

30. WHAT I CARRIED
ALL BY MYSELF

"DID YOU SEE his face?" Tobi laughed as he signed with Lily and Harry as the three of them and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team walked on to the pitch for practice.

"He was terrified!" Lily spoke and signed with a smile on her face. Ron had received a Howler from his mom after he and Harry drove the flying car to get to Hogwarts because they missed the train. They only received detention, but Harry also received an earful of lectures from Tommy and Thea.

"I honestly thought he was going to crap his pants." Fred spoke up from behind the mini-Marauders and George laughed.

"Guys!" Oliver scolded the group and they quickly shut up, paying attention to the Quidditch caption. "I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We are going to train earlier, harder, and longer."

"He's kidding, right?" Lily signed to Tobi and the boy shrugged. The pair turned their heads when they saw Teo, Marcus Flint, Sonali, and the Slytherin Quidditch team walking on the pitch.

"Where do you think you're going, Flint?" Oliver asked

"Quidditch practice." Flint answered.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today." Oliver replied.

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note." Flint assured him as he handed the captain a piece of parchment. That's when Tobi noticed the annoyed looks on Teo and Sonali's face. He signed to his brother, 'What's up?'

"I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker." Oliver read from the parchment before looking up. "You've got a new Seeker, who?"

The group of Slytherins divided to reveal Draco with a smirk on his face, broom in hand as Hermione and Ron walked towards the crowd. Harry's eyes widened, questioning, "Malfoy."

"You've got to be shitting me." Tobi mumbled to himself.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year." Draco smirked before showing off his broom, which matched the rest of the team's.

"Those are Nimbus 2001s," Ron noticed immediately. "How did you get those?"

"A gift from Draco's father." Flint answered and Tobi could see Sonali and Teo rolled their eyes.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best." Draco turned to the redhead.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent." Hermione smirked.

Draco turned to the Granger girl, glaring at her before he spoke, "No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mudblood."

Teo froze in his spot when the slur left the blond boy's mouth as the wizards from both teams let out gasps. While his blood boiled with anger, Teo's mind spiraled to the last time he heard that word.