Pure

Drista panicked and took out her phone. She called Lani to see if she could get a response. Nobody picked up so Drista ran back to Sapnap.

"Sapnap..." Drista opened the door. "I think somethings going on..."

"What?" Sapnap looked at her, confused.

"I can hear all sorts of arguing and shouting...Lani screamed, I don't know what's going on." Drista got in the car.

Sapnap had no idea what he could do. "Uh shit...are her parents known to be abusive?"

"No, they seemed sweet when I met them. Just a bit strict with certain stuff." Drista was wearing a face of pure panic.

"Did you try calling her?"

"Yeah, no one answered..."

"Did you try knocking?"

"No... can you just use the horn?"

Sapnap pushed down on the horn to see if that would get the attention of anyone inside the house.

After 5 minutes of Drista and Sapnap trying to figure out what to do, Lani came out. Just in time, because they were considering calling the police.

"Hey sorry, were you waiting long?" Lani was seemingly perfect. Besides a slight red tint to her under eyes.

"I have your homework..." Drista handed it to her.

Lani took it and almost immediately started backing up. "Thank you Drista, it means a lot...I better go, I was a bit busy-"

"Wait" Sapnap stepped in. "Drista said she heard you scream, are you okay?"

Drista felt awkward acknowledging it, but knew she had to. "Yeah, and your parents sounded pissed."

Lani stood silent before just shrugging. "I didn't scream...my parents might of been arguing, just normal couple stuff I guess."

"Lani, I definitely heard you scream." Drista looked intensely at her. "What happened?"

"Uh...I really have to go back in." Lani made an excuse and started walking again.

Sapnap being the adult in the situation, had to be the one to act properly. He knew he couldn't just let her walk back into the house without knowing if she was safe. "Hold on Just a minute longer!"

Lani stopped and waited.

Sapnap got out of the car and walked to her. "You weren't hit were you?"

"No!" Lani said honestly.

"Okay, then can you please let us know why you screamed." Sapnap tried to speak gently to her.

"Well...my mom found out that I'm dating someone. It started a whole argument, then I started to panic. My sister tried to hug me to get me to calm down, and I screamed. I don't like being restricted when I'm panicking." Lani told the story.

Sapnap nodded. "Okay...I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your parents calm down. Dating someone isn't that serious. You seem like a responsible teenager."

Drista listened from the opened window. "Your parents found out about Sky?"

"Yeah..." Lani sighed.

Sapnap got back in the car. "I think she'll be okay Drista.

Drista got out of the car now. "Do you want me to walk you back inside? So they don't start screaming at you as soon as you go back in?"

Lani nodded. "I'd appreciate that..."

Drista walked Lani back to the door and said hi to her parents before leaving.