Reunited

"are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Sapnap asked while driving Drista to Dream's house.

"Yeah, I'm sure. Just give me time alone with him. That way he'll actually talk to me, and I can see how he's improved..." Drista requested to spend time alone with Dream. So she could determine if he was back to himself.

As much as she wanted to move back with Dream, she had made a promise. She promised Karl the night before that she wouldn't move back in with Dream, if he wasn't being respectful to her.

Drista wouldn't let Dream disrespect her, but she was letting Isabel disrespect her. She hadn't confronted her about the rumors yet. Actually, she was talking to Isabel like nothing was wrong. Maybe because she didn't want to lose Isabel. Just like she lost Lani. Lani might not of stabbed her in the back, but Lani hardly had time for Drista anymore. Deep down Drista knew it wasn't Lani's fault. Sometimes though she still wondered if Lani secretly hated her too.

"Okay, I'll wait in the car...I was talking to him on the phone. He sounds a lot more like himself. Even asked me to move back in..." Sapnap told her.

Drista smiled slightly. She hoped Dream meant it. "I hope we both move back in."

"Yeah, I won't miss that dusty hotel... but I bet you'll miss that desk worker." Sapnap grinned. "You know...we never talked about when I caught you and her in the room together." Sapnap knew that night was hard on her, so he definitely wasn't mad at her. He just wanted to tease her.

"Yeah, we're just friends. It's not weird." Drista mumbled and looked out the window. She didn't need to be reminded of being rejected.

"You clearly like her, you should tell her." Sapnap encouraged.

"I did, if you must know. She turned me down. Let it go." Drista only told him that, so he'd stop mentioning it.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry..." Sapnap apologized for bringing up the sensitive subject. "It's okay, plenty of desk workers in the sea."

Drista laughed quietly. "You're fucking stupid..." She whispered under her breath.

-

They arrived at Dream's house. It looked the same from the outside, Drista hoped it was the same on the inside too. She quickly got out and made sure she had her phone. "You don't have to wait here. You can go get a coffee or something." Drista told Sapnap

"Yeah no...I'll be here, I want to see Dream as soon as you're done having your sappy sibling moment." Sapnap wasn't going anywhere without assuring Dream was in his own mind.

"Alright fine, I'll text you when you can come in." Drista walked up to the front door. Suddenly feeling shocked by a wave of anxiety. What if Dream wasn't better? What if Dream was never going to be Dream again?

Drista stood by the door, not sure if she had to knock or not. It was weird to feel unwelcome in a place that was home. She knocked lightly. She didn't feel entitled to walking on in anymore.

She heard Dream run across the house, to the door. Her body tensed as he opened the door. It was like she was meeting with a distant relative for the first time in years. She kept reminding herself that this was her brother. That he wouldn't hurt her, he wouldn't even attempt it. At least, he wasn't supposed to. He had been in therapy for nearly a month.

Drista stared at him, not sure what to start the conversation with.

"Hey, come in." He held the door open, and let her inside. Then he shut the door. "I didn't hear you guys pull up."

Drista shrugged and started taking off her jacket. Trying to feel more at home. Everything inside looked the same, maybe just a bit cleaner. "Smells like Mr. Clean's piss in here." she attempted to break the ice with a joke.