Driving Lessons

Drista woke up the next morning, back in her own bed. She woke up so happy, so happy that she found it suspicious. A feeling like that could never last, but she tried to enjoy it.

She yawned and crawled out of bed, brushing her hair first so she could get it out of her eyes. Then she found the inspirational jar of notes, it was right where she expected it would be.

She pulled a paper out sleepily and opened it up. "Everything happens for a reason, but sometimes that reason is fucking stupid." She read out loud. Definitely one of the more normal ones.

She put the paper away and went downstairs, still comfortably in her pajamas.

Dream was on the phone. By the way he was talking, Drista knew George was on the other end.

Sapnap was creating what looked like pancakes. Though he wasn't doing a very good job. "Morning, do you want pancakes?" He asked her.

"Uhm..." Drista looked at the mess he was calling pancakes. "No... definitely not your best work."

Sapnap looked down. "yeah sorry, I'm a bit all over the place this morning. I can't concentrate."

"Why, are you high?" She asked lightheartedly. She couldn't care less if he was. Sapnap was a chill person when he was high, not an annoying or aggressive high person.

"No! I ain't high. I have a date tomorrow night, that's all." Sapnap was obviously excited.

"Sweet...where are you and Karl going?" She assumed it was Karl.

"Huh? Me and Karl?" Sapnap put the pancake stack on the table.

"Yeah, for your date." Drista started getting a bowl and spoon, so she could have cereal.

Sapnap laughed. "Very funny, I'm not going on a date with Karl."

Drista snickered and got a box of fruit loops out of the pantry. It was nice to know her brother left her favorite cereal for her, even though she was gone for awhile. "Right, okay...whatever you say."

Dream hung up his phonecall and walked into the kitchen. "What's this about a date?"

Sapnap turned pink. "Jeez, it's just a date!"

Dream sat down at the table. "Is it with Karl?"

Sapnap face palmed. "Oh my god, no. I'm not gay."

Drista poured her cereal and milk into the bowl. Then sat at the table with it. "Right, but you're still in love with Karl Jacobs."

Sapnap glared at her. "Why would I be in love with Karl?"

Drista gave him a questioning look, then had a spoonful of her cereal. "Every night he spent at the hotel, you slept with him. Even though you could of slept on the couch. You two are really touchy with each other. I don't even think you let Karl use the bathroom alone. You cling to that poor man."

Sapnap went silent and ate his flawed pancakes.

"He can't even deny it." Dream shook his head in fake disappointed.

"We don't care if you like Karl. You don't have to be ashamed." Drista said in between eating her cereal.

"Hm guess you're right...Just like there's no shame in being rejected by your first girl crush." Sapnap raised an eyebrow, putting the attention on her.

Drista slowly put her head down, looking into her bowl. Suddenly the fruit loops were the most interesting thing she'd ever seen.

"Rejected?" Dream tilted his head. "What's the story behind that?"