Out And Scared

TW// H*mophobia, mentions of self-h*rm

Little Lanu:

Lani: Isabel just texted me and asked me to come over.

Drista: Tell her you can't. I'm trying to think of a solution.

Lani: Okay, I told her I have work to do...How am I going to get out of this? People already have their accusations about me. Once they think it's confirmed, I'll never hear the end of it.

Drista: No one's going to bother you. I'll keep you in the clear. I just need to figure it out.

Lani: There's not a lot we can do. I can practically already see all the nasty text messages I'll get. The posts people will make about it...the way people will talk about me in group chats.

Drista: I'm taking care of it, trust me. I have dirt on Isabel. Technically I can put her out there.

Lani: Is it really a good idea to do that? It might work momentarily. Then she'll just hate you even more. Think of the future, not just now. Do you want her to spend the school year trying to get revenge? It's better to be the more mature person...

Drista: I guess you have a point...but like...what else do I do? I'm not letting you be bullied for something that isn't even true.

Lani: Well...it might not be completely false?

Drista: Oh?

Lani: Actually, I think I'm omnisexual. I heard about it on TV and, it kind of fits how I feel.

Drista: That's cool! I support you but what does that mean exactly?

Lani: It's similar to Pansexual. Do you know what that is?

Drista: That's when gender doesn't play a role in who you're attracted to, right? You love all genders the same?

Lani: Yeah! So omnisexual basically means I'm capable of being attracted to all genders. I just have a preference for a certain gender.

Drista: So like...?

Lani: I can love any gender, but I typically like boys more.

Drista: That's a thing?

Lani: Yeah? Do you think it's weird?

Drista: Fuck...I think I just learned something about myself.

Lani: Are you omnisexual?

Drista: Maybe? I didn't know that was a thing but it makes so much sense to me.

Lani: Maybe that's your label :)

Drista: Yeah... I'll talk to you later. Call if something major happens with Isabel.

Lani: Okay! Bye! :)