Pills

Dream was convinced this was the worst night of his life. He couldn't imagine what it was like for Drista.

He thought by nightfall she would of started to cope. However she hadn't. She was still in her bloody clothes, staining the couch. She was as lively as a corpse. The only sign that she was still alive was an occasional outburst of hysterical crying.

Sapnap and Dream were sitting on the floor, watching TV. Drista didn't want anyone near her, but they also couldn't leave her by herself. The TV wasn't enough to distract them.

"Dude, we gotta do something..." Sapnap whispered.

"Like what? She swears at me everytime I try to talk to her." Dream replied.

"I know...but how the hell are we supposed to leave her like that?" Sapnap felt sick from seeing her in that state.

"Jesus Christ, you're right..." Dream got up and found his phone. He phoned Tubbo, who was hopefully coping okay.

"Hello?" Tubbo picked up pretty quick. He sounded rightfully stressed.

"Hey, I'm so sorry to bother you with everything that happened today...just wanted to ask, is your sister Lani okay?"

"Oh, Drista must be worried about her hm? Lani's going to be okay. She fell down the stairs while trying to get somewhere safe, and broke her arm. That's the only physical injury she has." Tubbo told him, but had something else to add. "She's been in her room since we came home, won't answer to anyone..."

"We're having similar problems with Drista...she's been on the couch for hours, can't even get her to change. She's covered in blood."

"Bloody hell, that's grim. Maybe you could take her to the hospital? They have a mental emergency program of some sort. You can walk in and see a physiatrist if it's an emergency, and you can't wait." Tubbo informed him. "We were going to try it for Lani, but she wanted to come home."

"I might consider it...but maybe tomorrow. The only way I'm getting her in the car now is by force. I don't want to add to the trauma."

"That's understandable...I hope she gets better, is she hurt?"

"No, she's not hurt physically."

"I would tell you to get her to call Lani, but I don't think she'll answer."

"That's alright, I just wanted news on how she was doing. I'll leave alone you now, I wish you the best."

"Alright, bye." Tubbo hung up first.

Dream walked over to Drista and poked her shoulder. "Drista-"

"Fuck off, get away." She mumbled.

"I just wanted to let you know Lani is okay. She just has a broken arm." Dream let her know Lani would be fine. He thought maybe it would help her feel better.

Drista started crying uncontrollably again. She didn't know how to act.

"It's okay..." Dream rubbed her back. "Do you want me to try to get in contact with mom and dad again?"

She nodded her head.

Dream went into another room and tried calling, but got no answer. He knew they had to of been ignoring him. They probably didn't want to be responsible for taking care of their traumatized daughter.

-
Tw// Slight mentions of su!c!dal behavior

Two full days went by since the shooting. Dream and Sapnap were stuck in the ER waiting area.