Bullying

TW: intense mentions of b*llying/h*rassing, h*rming, self h*rm

Sometimes I honestly don't know how to properly censor these warnings. I know the words alone can be upsetting.

Drista had just made it to school. Since the shooting, she feared the worst every morning. It wasn't just the potential for another shooting. She feared the people she went to school with. A building full of emotional, hormonal, grieving, and traumatized teenagers was dangerous. Fights were always breaking out, kids were constantly being sent home for violent behavior.

Her day was like most others. She struggled to pay attention in her classes. Any announcements on the speakers made her shudder. She was afraid that there would be another incident. It was harder to handle knowing Lani wasn't there. She was almost never in school. When she did show up, she kept to herself.

-

Drista eagerly waited for lunch to start, while sitting in her English class. They were watching a movie, so the teacher wasn't really focusing on them. That was obvious since two girls in the back of the class were giving each other stick and poke tattoos. They took a needle from the sewing club and used pen ink. At least the sewing club was finally useful to them.

The girls noticed Drista giving them looks. In return they just flipped her off and continued.

-

Lunch came and Drista settled for eating her lunch with a group of players that thought she was attractive. She wished Isabel was present today, so she at least had someone good to sit with.

One of the players tried to put an arm around her, but she moved. "Excuse me?"

"What? Are you a lesbian or something?" He teased her.

Drista rolled her eyes and kept eating her lunch. "No, but you must be gay to find me good looking."

The boys laughed way too hard at that terrible joke.

"She's self aware!" One of the guys shouted jokingly.

Drista shrugged. "I um... got to use the bathroom, I'll be right back." She was uncomfortable, and knew she needed to get out of the situation.

"Are you on your period?" One boy asked judgmentally.

"No, but you must be on yours." She replied before walking towards the bathrooms. Ignoring the laughter behind her from the boys.

-

She walked in on the same two girls finishing their stick and pokes. She stared at them for a minute before going into a stall. Drista could hear the girls giggling to themselves.

Her gut told her not to leave the stall. The longer she stayed in there though, the more stressed she got. Finally she had to force herself out. While washing her hands, she kept her head down. Today wasn't the day to start a fight. Dream already had a lot going on.

The girls kept eyeing the door like they were expecting something. They didn't seem to want her to leave, so they distracted her.

"Hey! I really like your top!" One girl complimented. Drista knew her name was Olivia, and the other girl was Mackenzie.

"Oh, thanks Olivia...I like your shoes." Drista came up with a random compliment to stay on their good side. Little did she know, she was already on their torture list.

As she went to walk out, a boy walked in. She was immediately shocked, based off natural instinct. Drista felt that people should use whatever bathroom makes them comfortable, that idea didn't bother her. She just knew this boy in particular didn't believe in gender equality, he was here to assist in malicious plans.