Operation Kitten

They got to the veterinary clinic as quickly as they could. That's where Dream was currently.

Drista walked in first, while Sapnap trailed shamefully behind her. She found Dream in the waiting room. Paler than usual, and completely traumatized.

"Hey..." Drista sat beside him, while Sapnap kept his distance.

Dream turned away from her slightly so she didn't see that he had been crying. "Hi..."

Drista had no clue what to say. She didn't want to upset him even more. "So...Is she...uh..."

Dream took a deep breath and wrapped an arm around his sister. Acting as if she was the one in emotional distress. In reality Drista didn't have a strong bond with Patches. She was sad, but not as sad as her brother. "She's... She's gone."

Drista's eyes glossed over quickly. Attached or not, death was never a happy announcement. "No...No way..."

Tears rolled down Dream's face, letting Drista know he wasn't messing with her.

Drista hugged him comfortingly. "I'm sorry...I know how much you loved her. She loved you too." Drista assured him.

Dream kept crying, but let Drista hug him. The only times the siblings hugged, was typically during a tragedy. They never seemed to hug if everything was fine. Though they thought that was normal. Most siblings stop hugging for fun at a certain age. Now hugging was a coping mechanism they used in depressing times.

-

When they got home, Drista went up to her room right away. Taking off her makeup, and her pretty dress. She just couldn't understand why the universe couldn't let her have this good night.

Drista put on her pajamas and sat on her bed, trying to determine which friend she could reach out to. Isabel, or Lani.

Dream sat on the couch, staring at the TV. It was on, but he didn't know what program was on.

Sapnap was pacing around in the kitchen, unable to make eye contact with the urn on the table. He blamed himself for not seeing her. Dream was only trying to let her have some fresh air.

Little Lanu

Drista: You available?

Lani: What's up?

Drista: My brother's cat just died...

Lani: Patches??

Drista: Yeah...what do I do?

Lani: NOO...Really? I'm so sorry!

Drista: Dream is heartbroken...

Lani: I'd say so! Losing a pet hurts a lot... I wish him the best!

Drista: Thanks, the tension here is horrible...Sapnap accidentally hit her with his car. They aren't even looking at each other. I think he's going to get kicked out honestly...

Lani: Oh darn...I'm sure they'll make up. It'll be okay.

Drista: Hopefully...I'll let you go now, I hope you're okay.

Lani: I'm alright, goodnight! :)

-