Rejection

"I can't believe someone made up those rumors about you, my god." Karl was disappointed that the world still had that kind of bullying.

It was later in the night now and Drista told the boys about the rumors. She still hadn't gotten in touch with Dream. She didn't worry too much though, he'd see her text when he checked his phone again. She made sure to explain it all in one big text.

"I wouldn't expect any less from the bitches at my school. Me and Lani haven't figured out who started it yet but I bet it's Ben. He probably told people it's his baby too." She shuddered.

"I'm going to crack his jaw, he better hope he doesn't meet me." Karl understandingly wanted to shove that kid 6ft under. Especially if he started that twisted rumor.

"I'm so uncomfortable...I feel gross now." Drista sighed.

"I Feel icky just hearing about it. He better get in trouble for this." Karl thought Ben needed a proper punishment from the school.

"Well it'll be almost impossible to prove he started it. Technically it wouldn't be called bullying because everyone was saying congrats, as if I would be celebrating." Drista didn't like that whoever started it got a large portion of people to be friendly about it. That way they could spread a rumor, but it couldn't be called out as bullying.

Sapnap came out of the bathroom, smelling fresh and clean. He had just gotten out of the shower. Karl had gotten in before him. The whole hotel smelled like men's body wash.

"Are you sure we can leave her here tonight?" Karl asked Sapnap as he joined the two.

"She's not going to perish after a couple hours Karl. The door locks just fine. I bought snacks for her. There's water." Sapnap eased Karl's mind. The two had plans to go out for a few drinks together. It was Sapnap's way of coping with the breakup with his best friend.

"Yeah, I'm not that stupid. I can be alone for a few hours." Drista defended her independence.

"If you're sure...be responsible. Don't do anything Sapnap would do. Don't leave, don't open the door unless it's us...um, don't drink the wine in the fridge...what else do teenagers do?" Karl looked at Sapnap.

Sapnap just laughed. "Call if you need us. Eat whatever snacks you want. Just don't touch my Cheetos, or I'll throw hands with you."

Drista nodded. "I don't want your iPad kid snack. Don't worry."

"Very funny. We'll be back soon." Sapnap got his jacket and slipped it on. "Come on Karl."

Karl stood up and awkwardly opened his arms.

"Who the hell do you think I am?" Drista gave him a look that could kill.

"I'm gonna miss you. You're like a little sister to me already." Karl slowly closed his arms.

"Everything about you screams 'touch-starved' and "Separation Anxiety' do you know that?" Drista decided to give him a quick hug.

"That's funny, my therapist said the same thing." Karl joked and smiled happily when she hugged him. He loved hugging people. It made him feel so important to that person.

-

Once the boys were gone Drista immediately went down to the front desk. Natalie was getting ready to leave for the night. There would still be security on site though.

Natalie noticed Drista pretty quick. "Hey, need something? I'm about to go home and sleep."

"Yeah actually...I'm in need of a friend." Drista swayed nervously.