Chapter 34

"Liam?" I ask wondering what the fuck he's doing here.

Of course, he had to come and ruin it. I'm starting to think he's watching me, considering he comes at the worst times.

"Hey." He says.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, "it's the middle of the night and there's a huge thunderstorm outside." And I was having the best moment of my life.

He rubs the back of his neck. "I'm sorry but I just really needed to talk to you."

"You couldn't have waited till tomorrow?"

He shakes his head and then asks, "Can I come in?"

Oh god no. That is what I want to say.

Before I get to answer, Tom from behind me beats me to it. "No."

I look back and I hadn't realized he was standing behind me with his arms crossed this whole time. He's still shirtless and I try not to look at his abs. When I fail, he smirks noticing and I turn back around.

"Um yeah sure." I force myself to say.

He comes inside and has a little glaring match with Tom before I lead him to the living room. Tom slowly follows behind us.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" I ask wanting to get this over with.

Tom leans against a wall, looking amused. "Yeah, what was so urgent that you had to come here in the middle of the night to talk about?"

"Does you seriously have to be here?" Liam snaps towards Tom.

Tom simply shrugs. "I live here, I can be wherever I want."

"Tom, could you give us a minute?" I ask.

Without saying anything he peels himself off the wall and heads over into the kitchen. He's obviously going to eavesdrop.

"Look," Liam starts, "I came to apologize about standing you up at the movies and not returning of your texts."

If I'm being honest I completely forgot about that and I didn't really care.

"Oh," I say, wondering if I should forgive him or not. "Why didn't you show up?" I ask deciding I should know more before concluding.

"My car broke down." He says quickly.

"Why didn't you call or text?"

"I couldn't find my phone," he explains, "I'm really sorry.

I give him a reassuring smile. "It's okay we can always go watch it another time."

But I didn't want to. I found myself realizing I don't like Liam. Not in a romantic way at least. I suddenly felt guilty and pit full for him. It wasn't even because I had kissed Tom or anything. I just genuinely did not have feelings for Liam.

I decide I should confess how I feel. "Liam listen-"

He interrupts me, trailing a hand up my thigh. "I wanna make it up to you." He says, "let's go back to my place?"

"Um it's very late Liam," I struggle to say while feeling uncomfortable with his hand on my thigh. "And there's a thunderstorm."

"Come on y/n, didn't you miss me?"

No.

I go to respond but a laugh stops me. I turn my head to find Tom throwing his head back, softly chuckling at us.

I look back at Liam and there's practically fume coming out of his ears.

He stands up, his hands balled up into fists. "You gotta problem man?"