Chapter 25

I turned back to look at my dad, but he pushes me aside and welcomes them in. I stand there with confusion plastered all over my face.

I watch as my mom hugs Tom and says something to him. My dad and another older man, who I assume is toms dad, greet each other as well. Then a little boy, who seems to be around the same age as Ricky, walks in.

My eyes find my way back to my mom and Tom again. I cant figure out what they're saying but I can tell their conversation ends as an older women interrupts them.

My mom smiles brightly before pulling the lady into a hug. They pull away and start talking to each other, forgetting that Tom is even there. He lets them be and looks around the room, until his eyes land on me.

He smiles and starts making his way over to me. "Hey." Is all he says.

Still confused on why he's here, I pull him away and whisper, "what are you doing here?"

His lips curve downwards into a frown. "Well when you say it like that, it makes it seem like you don't want me here."

"Because I don't."

"Well that's no way to treat your guests now is it y/n?" He says before moving away and straightening up.

I look in front of us and see my mom and the lady making our way to us. "This is my daughter y/n!" My mom says pulling me closer.

I kindly smile at her.

"Y/n! Oh, I've heard so much about you! You're all ever Tom talks about it. I'm Nikki by the way! Toms mom." She says smiling.

I look at over at Tom, who's glaring at his mom, and blushes when he notices I'm looking.

I go to reply to his mom but the man who was talking to my dad beats me too it. "So your the famous y/n my son can't stop talking about."

I laugh and smile back. "You must be toms dad. Nice to meet you."

I glance over at Tom and see his face completely red, obviously embarrassed by his parents mentioning that he talks about me.

"So how did you two meet?" My dad asks with a suspicious smile on his lips.

My heart drops. My parents could not know I'm rooming with Tom. "I-we-uh-" I struggle to think of a lie as my brain panics.

"We're roommates." Tom says causally not realizing what he has just done.

Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit.

"What?" I laugh nervously. "He's obviously joking, we met in class together." I say trying to play it cool.

They all stare at me before bursting into laughter. I stare at them confused and then look over at Tom who has the same look of confusion on his face.

"What's so funny?" I say trying to play along.

My mom wipes a tear. "Oh, sweetheart we've all know you're rooming with Tom." She takes in the expression of confusion my face once again. "Ricky told us."

I glare at him. "Of course he did."

"Hey don't blame me, they found out on their own! I only confirmed it for them." He says trying to defend himself.

"Wow thanks Ricky." I say sarcastically. "Wait how did you guys figure it out?"

"We've known each other since high school! When they mentioned they had a daughter going to the same school as tom, all we had to do was ask for your name, because Tom always talked about-" toms dad explains but Tom cuts him off.