Chapter 38

I felt like I had been hit by a truck. My head pounded and I felt like I was going to fall the minute I stood up. Being hungover was the worst.

I slowly lift myself up. God, I needed some Advil. I look over to Tom's bed and see that he's not there. Then looking to my other side I see a glass of water. Tom must've put it there.

I drink it before getting out of bed and heading to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. After eating my terribly made avocado toast I take some Advil. Thankfully it eventually works.

I'm sitting on the couch when I hear the front door open and Tom walks in. The events of last night come back to me and my cheeks flush.

"Hey," he says and I look up at him. "How are you feeling?"

I bring my lips up to a smile. "I'm fine."

He just studies me for a second before speaking again. "Listen y/n, about last night-"

I furrow my eyebrows. "Oh god, did I say something stupid?"

I try to look at clueless as possible.

He looks surprised. "You don't remember?"

I shake my head.

"Oh uh never mind then."

"Are you sure?" I ask.

He nods and leaves the room.

I sigh in relief. There was no way I was going to be as pathetic as I was last night. Not ever again. I was done with Tom. Or at least I'm trying to be.

I leave my apartment not wanting to be near him and go to Bianca's house. Seeing her felt like the biggest relief. I tell her everything I've been holding in about Tom.

"I can't believe I was so pathetic last night." I whine staring at the ceiling.

She frowns. "It's okay. Just pretend like it never happened."

"But it did! And he remembers it! That's so embarrassing." I hide my face in my hands.

She pulls me closer to her. "Tom is an embarrassment himself y/n don't worry."

I let out a laugh. "You're right."

"I always am."

I squint my eyes at her. "I wouldn't go that far."

"Oh shut up." She laughs.

After a minute the sadness sets in me again and Bianca sighs noticing.

"You know what you need?" She asks me.

"My dignity back?"

"Yes, but you need to go out! Meet some other guys! Let loose and have fun. Not worry about Toms dumbass." She encourages.

I don't feel capable of doing those things. "I don't know."

"So you just want to sit around and mope all day?"

I sigh. "Well no but-"

"Then it's settled! We are going to a party tonight and dress you up!" She exclaims.

I think it over. "Fine."

She squeals and drags me into her room to show me the dresses she has. Since I couldn't go back home and get a dress she was lending me some. Thankfully we were the same size in everything.

Once we choose a dress we still had hours to go before the party so we talked and gossiped to pass the time. She told me her side of the story about everything going on with Haz. I felt so genuinely happy for her. Her and Haz had a weird start but did seem like they loved each other.