Chapter 15

I grabbed toms hand but before I could pull both of us away I heard my name being called out in the distance.

I turned around and saw he was standing there, with a smile on his face. The same smile that lured me in.

He smiled before speaking and showing his pearly white teeth "Hey y/n, what are you doing here?"

"I-I uh just came to pick up a friend" I said stuttering, while gesturing to Tom.

He took his hand out of his pocket and reached for Tom for a shake hand. "James" he politely introduced.

Tom returned the kind gesture and introduced himself.

James studied Tom like he was something that was in the way of what he wanted.

"How do you two know each other?" Tom asked.

James looked over to me, putting me on spot. "Uh James and I used to date" I got out.

Toms face changed into soemthing I couldn't figure out. He kept his smile but now he know why I wanted to leave so bad.

"Well it was nice meeting you James, but uh we gotta go" Tom said.

"It was nice meeting you too" James said before turning to me. "I guess I'll see you around y/n" he flashed his smile and left.

I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding in. "Come on" I told tom.

The car ride was silent. I was surprised Tom wasn't saying anything. I was lost in my own thoughts to acknowledge anything though.

In the middle of driving back home Tom breaks the deafening silence in the car. "Y/n?" He called me.

"Ya?" I replied back.

"Who was that guy?"

"I told you, me and him used to date"

Tom looked over at me, as I parked the car and faced him curiously.

"No but I could tell that he made you uncomfortable." Tom said making my insides turn.

"Well it is awkward when you see an ex" I said letting out a small chuckle, hoping he'd drop it.

He stared at me without saying anything for a while, before finally saying "ok" and hopping out of the car.

I helped him back into our apartment and plopped him onto his bed. He groaned but fell fast asleep. Unlike me.

I tossed and turned trying to push James out of my mind. Finally it worked and I fell asleep.

******

Toms POV:

I was woken up in the middle of the night, by y/n quickly sitting up letting out a gasp.

I assumed she had a nightmare. She looked at over at me, to see if I had woken up. I thought she had seen me but apparently not.

She sighed before running her hands over her hair. I wanted to go comfort her but something told me not too.

I waited and watched while she crept out of bed and went into the bathroom. I silently followed her and heard the sink turn on. She washed her face and stared into the mirror.
Her eyes traced over her skin before landing somewhere. She stared at it uncomfortably before starting to trace her finger of it.

Then it clicked. It all clicked. He did that to her. I wanted to kill him for hurting her. She didn't deserve that.

"Did he do that to you?" I asked softly, making her let out a squeal as she jumped.

She covered her hand over her mouth and let out sigh when she realized it was me.

"What are you doing!" She whispered.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you" I said.

It fell silent and I she knew I knew.

"How long have you been standing there" she asked me.

I walked closer to her and traced my finger on the scar underneath her neck. "Long enough to know where this came from."

She shivered from my touch and looked up at me, not knowing what to say.

"Why didn't you tell me" I asked looking down at her, trying not to stare at her lips.

She broke away from my gaze. "I just wanted it to stay in the past, where it belonged." She said innocently. I wanted nothing but to kiss her right now, but I knew it wasn't appropriate.

Pulled her into a hug and I could feel her melt into my arms. She pulled away and went back to bed. I wanted nothing but to sleep next to her and hold her.

I went back to sleep with only one with on my mind. If I ever see that bastard again I'm killing him.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
My updates are the slowest things ever. Hope you enojoyeddd thisss chapter :)