Ch4- A rude awakening (Oliver)

"Twenty questions?" I asked confused because what the actual fuck? She looked taken aback as if I was the one who asked a foreign question.

"Would you rather sit in silence?"

"Yes." 

She pouts a little and says "You're no fun."

I smirk. "I'm plenty fun."

"Gross. As if we'd ever do anything."

"From the way you were staring at me, I'd think you want to do things with me."

She laughs. "Naughty boy." I pause. It's a simple phrase but the way she says it bring me back to seventeen.

No. It can't be.

It might be? She look so different. Too different for it to be her. I guess I've been silent too long because she touches my shoulder and shakes me a little laughing while she does it. "Dude are you good? You've looked like you've seen a ghost."

"What do you eat your ice cream with?" If she says Doritos..

"Doritos." Ah fuck it's her.

"Weirdo."

"Don't knock it til you've tried it." It was also at this moment I realized she has no clue who I am. It hurts a bit. The second she told me her ice cream choice, I just knew. I knew she at least look a little familiar when she first walked in, but now that I'm up close and personal, it feels weird.

She rolls her eyes. "We were just getting off on good footing, back to being grumpy I see." Can she really blame me? I mean it's not everyday you see your cruise fling and she doesn't remember you. Not looking to start a fight considering she has no idea who I am, I opt to instead say "Let's play your little game then."

"You mean twenty questions? I didn't invent it."

"Are we going to play or not?"

She rolls her eyes. "So where are you from"

I groan. "God don't do that. I guarantee you could give less of a fuck about where I'm from."

"Your right. Let's stop the shenanigans. I was really wonderi-"

"Shenanigans. who says that?" 

"Me. I say that. As I was saying, I was wondering if you'd wanna grab a snack. I'm hungry and all this alcohol with an empty stomach can't be good."

"What about your "20 questions" and why would you willing want to spend time with me?" Seeing as you don't remember me and don't seem to like me.

She shrugs. "Had a shit day and despite your glaring and rude demeanor you intrigue me. Haven't a clue why. Also I am starving and you coming with me will get my sister off my back about me getting laid tonight."

" You want your sister to think we're sleeping together" We already did.

"Yea why not? Stop trying to figure out my motives. I'm hungry, you in or out?"

"Yea whatever I'm in."

"Great there's a diner around the corner from here. I'll text my sister that's I went out and she'll probably tell your friend." She grabs my hand and leads me out.

We get to the diner and she is looking attentively at her menu. God she's beautiful. While we sat down, she put her straightened hair in a bun with some hair sticking out and she just looks so adorable. She has the most beautiful smooth brown skin with high cheekbones and full mouth. Without realizing I've been gawking at her, she kicks my foot under the table.

" Got your full? It's been a good 5 minutes now."

I shrug my shoulder and smile smugly, " I was staring at a booger." She aggressively rubs her nose and when she realizes I was fucking with her she looks up and glares at me. She mutters "Asshole"

"What was that? Please speak louder"

"Asshole"

"You wound me. You know, you just went out with a near stranger and you don't even know each others."

She smirks. "River Nixion. We didn't really need to know each other's to eat a meal now do we?"

No we don't. I just wanted her name."Oliver Hunterson." I just wanted to see if my name stirs something up, can't say my ego isn't the least bit bruised when she makes no reaction to my name.

"Why'd you come out tonight?

"Why does anyone?"

"Why so cryptic?"

"Why so many questions?"

"You intrigue me."

"That flatters me." I deadpan.

"I wonder if you bring out this personality just for me or if you're really just like that."

"This is just for you love.'"

"I feel soo special." 

I put my elbows on the table and my hand in my chin, "You should."