Chapter 19- Black out days (Oliver) edit 10/9/21

If looks could kill, I could kill Joey with my eyes right now. I move up and down his body and notice the whiskey. He notices my expression and backs up a little.

"Woah? What's got your panties in a bunch?" After my aggressive playing last time on the ice, Joey and I talked a little and we both apologized. We're getting to being cool again, but he hasn't been over since the last time.

"Why are you here?"

"Can't I hang out with my best bud?"

"I'm pissed right now, and I don't want to hurt your feelings, but I just might."

"That's more than enough reasoning to drink with me."

"Trouble in Paradise?"

He goes to sit down on the couch and I follow. "Yeah, but you're not the one with Brynn so I won't bother you."

"Thanks for not confiding in me." He shoves me and I smirk. "You know what I mean, Brynn made me realize how much I put you on a pedestal, and how co-dependent we are."

"What is she? A shrink?"

"Yeah, she's studying to be one at least."

"I don't think we're co-dependent."

"Maybe not on your part, but on mine. You're the first person I want to tell any news I get, or to update you on how shit's going with my girl."

"What's so bad about that? Girls do that shit, why is it co-dependency because we're both dudes?"

"I'm clingy, I know this. I leaned on you when my father died and you let me. I was going to transfer to your last school so we could be together again."

"Dude.. do you like have a crush on me?"

"Fuck no. You were just there you know? Talking to you just made me not think about my father. I was treating you more like a crutch than a friend. For that, I'm sorry."

"I guess I let you so I'm sorry back."

"You have such a way with words."

"Pass the whiskey." He does and we drink in comfortable silence.

"Trouble in paradise?" He parrots.

"Yeah. You know when I went on that cruise back then?"

"Shit yeah, you lost the big V, couldn't shut up for days."

I smirk at this. I annoyed the fuck out of him about it. " Yea well, River's the girl."

He stands up abrutply at this. "For real?"

I run my hands through my hair. "Yea, it's her. I told her tonight out of anger and I'm pretty sure I fucked shit up. I don't know what to do."

He silently hands me the whiskey and pats my back. He pulls out his phone and starts ordering pizza.

Tonight's going to be long. I'm sure perfect little Izzak wouldn't be acting like this.