Chapter 31- An unhappy ending (River)

Oliver telling me he wants to make things right with his father pisses me off. I have no clue why he'd want to fix things. No matter how he says his father has "changed." People like that don't change. I want to be supportive but in this I'm not sure I can be.

He has to know something is wrong with the amount of times he keeps asking if I'm okay. I just might snap at him if he asks one more damn time. How do you tell your boyfriend that you hate his father that he's trying to bond with?

Who am I to tell him he can't fix his relationship with hid father? He's a grown man who can make his own decision and I don't want my opinion to sway what he thinks but it's harder to bite my tongue. I think this is a horrible decision that he'll regret.

His father does however seem to be true to his word. He makes an effort to check up on Oliver everyday for the last two weeks since he's told me. He even went to one of his games. He seems to actually change but I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I want to talk it out with someone but who? It's not my place to share Oliver's issues to any of my friends or family, and like me, I think they'll have the same opinion as me on this situation. Except for maybe Brynn and Avery, I can never tell with those two, they keep me on my toes.

I want Oliver to be happy, but is his father really a person he seems himself talking to in the future?