Chapter 8- Found her in the crowed halls (Oliver)

6 months later 

Sometimes I regret moving down here. The two hour time difference is really hitting my balls, especially right now. I decided enough was enough with my father and transferred to Joey's school. It also doesn't hurt that this was the same school that wanted me on the team about a year back, they were more than happy to accommodate me. I moved in the summer, but it still wasn't enough time for me to adjust.

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

Buzz

It's 6:20 in the morning and fucking Joey is calling me. Probably to bother me about the club girl he's been dating. Love the guy but it's a wonder he even get's laid, because the guy could talk. I guess it helps he thinks he has the Clark Kent thing going for him, but I personally don't see it. I feel like ignoring the call but the dude was there for me when I was going through some shit with my family.

"Joey. It's 6:20 am"

"I'm aware."

"Then why the fuck are you calling me?"

"Open the door."

Fuck. Forgot about practice today, Coach isn't going to be happy. Might as well enjoy the morning since I'm late already. During the summer, Coach and the team made it there mission to get me well acquainted with everyone, we bonded and shit. Honestly, if Hockey was the end goal for me, I could seriously see myself playing with these guys for the long run. I get up and open the door and see a smiling Joey. That fucker. Always was a morning person. He looks me up and down and walks right in.

"See you still sleep in the nude."

"Nothing you haven't seen before." He rolls his eyes. "Why are you here?"

"Practice is cancelled today. Coach's daughter is in labor." Ah. Megan Donavan, loved that girl. She brought the team donuts every time she visited her father. 

"Shit really?"

"Yea, it's a boy. Coach's happy about that." Yeah he is, Coach has four girls, wanted at least one boy to learn to play hockey and tried to stop at three when it was obvious that he wouldn't get one but had the fourth girl.  I only know about Megan-- the oldest and Alice-- the youngest. The other two girls aren't much into sports, but Megan and Alice are.

"Nice, but you could've texted me that, why are you here?"

"Fuck, okay-- fine yeah, it's about Brynn."

"Dude! Again?"

He throws his hands up so dramatically that I would've laughed if I wasn't so irritated. "Dude! I really like her and she intimidates me."

I roll my eyes.. "I'm not going to be the one texting her your whole relationship so get it together. What'd she text you?"

"She asked me where we're going for our date, so she knows what to wear"

"Where are you going?"

"Dude! Are you dense, I don't know. Give me ideas, it's tomorrow."

"You met her six months? Shouldn't you know by now you're a shit boyfriend"

"We're not like that, we aren't dating, it's complicated. She asked what she should wear, what the fuck do I say?"

"Tell her to dress casual, unless your taking her to a dinner or something."

"Nah, that's boring, I was thinking bowling but I'm not sure."

"Go to an arcade or something."

"Think she'd be into that?"