Chapter 18- The storm (River) edit 10/9/2021

I'm not made for jail. Or jail is not made for me. I feel dirty just being in the station. Granted I'm practically naked but that certainty doesn't help. I lose track of time, I'm probably in the cell for an hour or ten minutes. Who knows. My thoughts are all over the place. My thoughts linger on how to commit murder and get away with it. Specifically towards Ashlyn. That bitch. Guess she could dish it but couldn't take it.

I have no clue on how I'm going to get out of this. Oliver is a law major but who knows if he's actually any good? God what if he turns out to be a shitty lawyer. Maybe he could fall back on Hockey? As if my thoughts summoned him, a officer comes to open my cell door and I see the man himself. He scowls when he sees my attire and shoots a venous look at the officer.

"You couldn't have at least let her change or give her something to cover up. She's shivering and has goosebumps."

I'm shivering? I didn't even notice. I'll take his word for it though, he looks hot defending me. I would normally rebuke my thoughts for thinking such things but honestly I'm willingly to see where Oliver and I go. I don't want to jump in this head first. I like him and I refuse to let my past relationships hinder on any chance of love.

Oliver takes off his coat and hands me his jacket. Oliver is at least 6'5 and I'm 5'10. We aren't that far in height, so the jacket does nothing but hit my stomach. How I wish I was short right now. Curse my father's genes.

Oliver scoops me away without another word and leaves the officer to whatever it is police people do.

We hop in his car and he says "Will you still be my girlfriend if I murder someone right now?"

"Yes." I say without hesitation.

Then he hesitates. He cocks his head and says "You'd date a murder?"

"I'd date you. Well I am dating you, and if you commit a murder that makes you a murder so yes."

"You amuse me to no degree River"

"It's what I do. But how'd you get me out?"

He clenches his jaw and says "I called my father."

That shuts me clean the fuck up. Oliver has broached the topic of his father in passing, but he gets all weird so I don't push him about it. All I know is his dad's a dick and his dick of a father wants to reconnect, which gets me thinking.

"Why'd you call him. Aren't you a law student?"

He laughs then and I notice some of the tension leave his face. "Yes, but I didn't want this to be a big thing for you to deal with. Assault cases are sometimes drawn out and Ashlyn doesn't seem like the type of settle, she'd milk you anything you have to make things worse for you. You did attack first, so you don't have self-defense in your favor. This case would most likely just be another way for her to fuck with you and you don't deserve that. My father has connections to make this go away."

I'm stunned. "You called your dad... for me?

"Yes and I'd do it again in a heartbeat."

"Holy shit, Oliver." What'd he want in return? No way he did that for free."

"He didn't. I'm going home for New year's."

"Fuck. I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"It is though. I should've taken the high road and high tailed it out there the second Ashlyn came over."

"Fuck no. She tried to humiliate you, you stood your ground. No way is she going to bother you anymore, especially after breaking her nose."