part 5

"Delta you owe me." Sakura laughs, as Delta grumbles and flips her off. Sukuna and Daniel walk back into the room, mildly confused, watching Delta sit down, still annoyed and bored. Alpha doesn't look their way, not seeing any point to, as sakura pauses and stands up,  losing her laughing session almost immediately.

"So what do you guys do here?" Daniel asks, rubbing his shoulder, still aching from the protection sukuna had used to save his life. Sakura crosses her arms, noticing the wounds on sukuna which remain healing slower than normal for him, meanwhile Daniel places his belongings down, next to him, unsure of where he's actually allowed to be.

"Nothin' although sukuna." Sakura starts, looking at sukuna, who tenses up, anxious. "Want to explain that little stunt you pulled? Taking how many hits?" Sakura asks, frustrated. "you used your ablities to protect a fucking pet and almost died yourself, how stupid does that sound!?" She snaps, walking over and yanking his collar down. "Do you not understand that our reputation will suffer at this?" She adds, almost muttering the sentence.

Sukuna just remains quiet, as sakura just sighs, throwing him aback before walking away. "He's just a expendable tool, get that into your skull." Delta warns, "before you get us all killed." He adds, turning his back away from sukuna, who remains shocked but at the same time, alone. Daniel glances at him, or tries to, from the sheer height difference, and spots the pain simmering.

Sakura and Delta leave him alone, whilst alpha remains doing his own thing, not even fazed by the situation around him. Daniel on the other hand sighs, and nods quietly, "sukuna, next time, don't protect me, matter of fact just use me as a meat shield if needed." Daniel suggests, before smiling in guilt. "After all, I'm a pet, remember?" He adds, grabbing his belongings and walking to the furthest corner away from everything and sets up a makeshift bed, keeping most of his limited belongings in the boxes, guessing he won't be alive too long to get comfortable.

Sukuna remains standing there, looking at the empty wall, as he just remains shocked. Just because he's a pet, he's still human. Sukuna tries to tell himself, looking at his hands and spotting the years of tattoos on his arm, from past experiments and training. He's still been abused by the faculty, I knew I was safe when they attacked, it wasn't anything lethal because I'm a asset. Sukuna slumps down, and remains cross-legged on the floor, questioning his own actions and reality itself.

If I didn't protect him, they would have used him to get to me, how do they not know this? Or is it because they just don't like strangers. Sukuna looks at the group, mainly sakura and Delta, guessing alpha doesn't care; before thinking of a idea, that would help protect Daniel for a little bit. He jumps up, making delta and Daniel look at him with confusion.

"I have a idea! We have Daniel now correct? And all leveled workers have a access to their vaults right?" Sukuna gestures, as Daniel awkwardly nods. "That means we have access to what they've taken to us!" Sukuna adds, "we can get our shit back finally." He finishes, watching the group as they hesitate, thinking about it. And hopefully you'll tolerate Daniel enough to not kill him. Sukuna hopes, knowing its a dumb move to even have hope in a place like this.

"Even if we get our shit back, what's the catch?" Sakura grins, making sukuna pause, forgetting she's more aware of his actions. "There's a reason why you'd say something like this, is it because you don't want us to hurt little old Daniel?" Sakura adds, making delta tut and look away.

"Probably. Seems like a sukuna thing to do. Bargaining with us, knowing we want our shit back." Delta pipes in, as Daniel remains sitting there, not wanting to get involved. Sukuna still doesn't reply, knowing any kind of reply won't even work, so he just stands there, wishing Ryu would come back, knowing she keeps the place safer by mere presence alone.