Gpart 22

I just have to keep going.

Daniel stumbles, falling against the nearby wall, loosing his grip on the soaken floor, the residual liquid; still covered by the darkness of the never ending loops of the corridors.

None of this is real.

Pausing for air, he grips his sweat ridden clothes, yanking onto his shirt, clambering up, not giving a chance to think, pushing his legs into motion whilst the ominous rumble echos from behind him.

This isn't real, I just have to keep going. Remember what dad said.

A slight laughter follows by, sending shivers down his back. Nevertheless, Daniel keeps running, his chest tightening by every second, his breaths getting more excruciating while the noise gets closer.

Just keep running, it'll stop right?

His legs grow weaker, suddenly becoming limp, making him stumble over, yet again, falling down. "Shit." Daniel barely stops himself landing face first, resting against his knuckles and legs.

Maybe I should give in. This is endless.

The noises grow louder than before, so Daniel just lays there, pressing his face into the cold floor, the taste of metal hitting his tongue, mixed in with his own saliva, making him retch at the foul taste.

"So pathetic."

Something leans behind him, slowly pressing their hand against the floor besides his face, tapping slowly. Daniel tenses up, feeling the gust of stale breath hit his neck.

"You not going to say hello? Didn't your family treat you better?"

However, Daniel remains quiet, losing his tense posture to be replaced by submission. Sighing in defeat, Daniel almost chuckles towards the action, ignoring his fear. "No time for introductions, your here to kill me right?" Daniel asks, his whispering, empty tone being almost inaudible through the constant tapping besides him. The stranger doesn't respond, the painfully loud tapping becoming to a still hault.

No point in being scared of death anymore is there.

Daniel's mind wanders around, remembering back to when he left his family to follow his career, however the experiences around this faculty leaves him empty, even though it's been less that a month since his arrival.

"Get up, your pathetic whining is weak."

Something grabs Daniel's coat, yanking him up right, causing his body and brain to lose focus, and stumble, waving his arms around to get balance back. A sudden urge to turn around lingers in his mind, yet he refuses to do so, knowing this isn't even real, something purely his mind is making up.

Yet it feels that real.

"Your not the newbie I picked out, get a grip."

The tone of voice startles him to stagger forwards in shock, swinging his body around to find sukuna standing there, his body and stance just defining his strength. Daniel staggers back again, spotting his glare watching him carefully. His head feels heavy, whilst breathing becomes a chore for him. "Why are you here?" Daniel rasps, grabbing his shirt, as it tightens around his chest, making his breathing become even more ragged and painful. "I wouldn't imagine you of all people... to appear in my dreams or nightmares." He adds, coughing slighty. However, sukuna remains stern, unlike his normal behaviour. Maybe this is a nightmare, wouldn't surprise me.