› 3 〉

Chaeyoung and I rush into the police station while looking at the victims group sitting in front of a detective who's questioning them.

"Everything was fine yesterday" Chaeyoung whispers.

"Ms Hong!" All of them get up and rush towards us.

"What should we do? Help us" One of them says.

"What's going on?" I ask, glaring over at the detective.

A few seconds later Vincenzo rushes into the station too and takes place next to me.

"Are you their lawyer?" The detective asks.

"Yes" Chaeyoung replies.

"Did you arrest them because you had solid proof?" I add.

"Proof?" The detective gets up and throws some pictures on the desk. "We've been bombarded with too much. We found cash everywhere, from their cars and houses to the ceiling of their office"

Chaeyoung grabs the pictures and starts to look at them. I grab them out of her hands and look at them with big eyes. I give them to Vincenzo who sighs loudly.

"They embezzled the donations" The detective says.

"Do you have proof of that?" Vincenzo asks as he collects the pictures.

"Him" The detective points at the treasurer of the group.

The victims start to mumble and Chaeyoung her facial expression changes from concerned to annoyed.

"Please help us, please"

{ A few minutes later }

"Choi Myunghee should work in the movie industry" Chaeyoung scoffs. "She's an excellent screen writer and a director. And how could they blindly believe her lies?" She continues.

I get up from my seat as I walk over to the window. Chaeyoung and Vincenzo continue to talk. Fear but anger at the same time, that's what I'm feeling. How could they pull a trick like this.

"Drugs?!" Chaeyoung says in a loud tone.

I turn around and see Vincenzo and Chaeyoung looking at each other with unbelievable eyes.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later" Chaeyoung hangs up the phone.

"Can you believe this, they took care of everything"

"What happened?" I ask, not knowing a single thing about what just happened.

"The victims can't testify, Mr Lee too, they tested him for drugs" Vincenzo says with an awfully calm tone.

"Have they gone completely insane?"

The three of us want to walk away until we see Junwoo standing at the end of the hallway.

"Sunbae!" He walks over to us with a grin on his face.

"What? Are you here to gloat?" Chaeyoung asks with fire in her eyes.

"Come on, don't be so harsh. I'm here to prepare for my briefing" Junwoo replies.

"Then go do your job" Chaeyoung grabs my arm as we walk passed the man.

"Chaeyoung, Eunae, comeback to Wusang" He says with a smile.

"How dare you to even-" I drop my bag and want to hit him but Vincenzo holds me back.

"He isn't worth it" He says as he gives me my bag back.

"Why are you waisting your talent on something like this?" Junwoo says as he grabs Chaeyoungs arm. "Babel is not the enemy"

"Why so serious? Why are you suddenly acting like this?" She replies.

"Watching you suffer for no good reason makes me upset" The man replies while looking over at me. "And..I don't appreciate the way you do things after you three joined hands" He continues, looking at Vincenzo.

"Jang Junwoo, remember what I told you about crossing the line? You're crossing that line"

"I'm just worried for my friends, that's all"

"Hmm no. Just focus on your job" Chaeyoung shrugs off Junwoo his arm and walks over to Vincenzo "Let's go"

I keep standing there, looking over at Junwoo.

"I don't like him" Junwoo says in a firm voice.

"Then why're you so obsessed with him?" I reply.

"Because something is off about him, he's a little too odd. Even you know nothing about him"

Just as soon as Junwoo finished his sentence I start to get flashbacks to a few nights ago when Hanseo asked me about Vincenzo. He used the same exact description that Junwoo is giving me about Vincenzo right now.

"How do you know that I know nothing?" I ask as I get a little suspicious.

"Isn't it obvious? Anyways I have to go" He says, making it way too clear for me that he's hiding something.

Junwoo turns around and walks away, leaving me alone with my own thoughts.

{ Time skip }

I walk into Hanseo his office and plop down on the couch.

"First they do that and then ask us to comeback" I scoff as I burry my head in a pillow.

"Did something happen?" Hanseo asks as he sits down in front of me.

"Jang Junwoo is getting on my nerves...can't you fire him? See it as a birthday present for me"

"I can, do you really want it that bad?"

"I do" I sigh and sit up straight.

"Listen, since I know that you aren't the real boss, why don't you tell me who it is" I start to smile as I wait for him to say something.

He pushes me away and starts to chuckle.

"We've been over this, I can't tell you"

"It's not like he'll kill me" I start to laugh but notice that Hanseo his facial expression looks concerned.

I stop laughing and scratch my throat.

"Is he forcing you to do things?" I ask a bit worried.

"Well...you can put it like that"

I sigh and hide my face in a pillow again. Hanseo puts his arm around me and pats my shoulder.

"You'll find out soon anyways, don't worry about me"

"How can I not worry when you have bruises all over your body"

"Just focus on the second trial" Hanseo gets up and walks over to his desk.

"At least give me a hint of who it could be. I won't tell Chaeyoung or Vincenzo" I say as I get up from the couch.

"He's..a lawyer" Hanseo replies in a whisper tone.

My eyes widen as he speaks out those words. I start to connect all the dots with what happened two days ago to Junwoo who I talked to before coming here.

"Is he a close friend of mine?" I continue.

"No he's not. Now get out" He points at the door without even looking up from his computer.

"Not you putting on your fake persona in front of me.."  I role my eyes and grunt as I leave his office.

Should I believe him...or not.

—————————

Hii!!
Thank you for reading the 3rd part of this ff :))
I hope you liked it and u can always lmk if I made any mistakes !!