› 23 〉

The dark empty streets of my hometown pass by as I drive with full speed towards the house of my best friend. It feels like I've just fallen down millions of stairs by the way my head is hurting. I stop the car in front of his house and step out of the car.

Walking over to his door I can already see him standing at the window, waving at me.

"Dude..."

Hanseo opens the door. 

"...spying on me?"

"Listen.." He closes the door when I've entered his house. "..I'm worried"

"About what?"

"I don't know. I just wanted to make sure you're okay"

"After everything that has happened this isn't really convincing me"

"Exactly. Do you think I can leave you alone after everything that has happened?"

He has a point. He's always been extra protective over me, just like Chaeyoung. The only difference between them is that he would hire somebody to watch me while Chaeyoung would literally follow me to the end of the world. 

"Okay. I believe you"

I turn around, opening the door. 

"Where are you going?"

"Home. It's 4am I'm tired"

"Sleep here. I mean our houses are 20 minutes away so you can safe time by sleeping here" He taps his fingers together shyly.

It's cute to see him nervous. He always starts to play around with his fingers whenever he does so or blink many times. 

"Okay"

I throw my jacket in his hands and walk over to the living room where I plop down on the couch. 

"What movie are we watching?"

"I thought you were tired?"

"Well now that I'm here we can do some netflix and chill"

Hanseo starts to laugh like a child. It takes me some time to realise what I just said.

"You know I didn't mean it like that" I say as I throw a pillow against his head.

"Fine, let's watch suicide squad"

I frown my eyebrows. "I thought you found it scary?"

"You were the one who cried while watching train to Busan"

"Because it's sad!"

He nods unbelievable. "Just turn it on"

{ Time skip }

"Sis where have you been?!" 

Chaeyoung rushes over to my car as soon as I lock it.

"The store"

"From 4am till 3pm?"

I laugh innocently.

"What's up though?"

"We're taking Ms Oh for a walk today. She asked for you too"

"She did?"

"Yes" 

Chaeyoung grabs my car keys out of my hands and takes place behind the wheel.

"Okay sure you drive" I sit down besides her in the front. "Do you think Vincenzo will change his mind about telling Ms Oh?"