› 26 〉

"Did someone die again?"

I walk into Jipuragi where the team is sitting behind the table, playing with their pens. They were probably waiting for me. 

"Don't joke like that"

Chaeyoung lifts her head and shakes it a bit.

"Sorry"

I sit down besides Mr Nam and place my bag on the table. Vincenzo glances over at me, not saying a single thing. After what happened a couple of nights ago we haven't talked. I know he suspects me of being somehow connected to Hanseo, I know it. But he won't find anything, ever.

"Now that we're all here, I can tell you what I analysed" Mr Nam starts, making me look over at his laptop. "What do you think the keyword is that comes up the most?"

"Bribery?"

"Sex scandals?" 

"Wrong!"

"It has to be real estate" Vincenzo says calmly.

"How did you know?"

"We're in Korea"

"That's right, to be precise it's IUDC"

"IUDC?" I ask confused.

"Innovate Urban Development Corporation" Chaeyoung answers. "They develop and provide real estate for building new cities"

"As expected, the main industry of the Korean cartels is real estate"

"Babel and IUDC were on it together"

"The insiders and the people who colluded with them must've made a fortune by buying land around Babel Tower" Chaeyoung sighs and leans her head backwards. "Maybe we shouldn't have opened the file. We keep finding more and more but yet nothing that can help us take down Hanseok and Babel"

"So we basically have nothing that can help us"

Something in me feels satisfied. I guess my plan did work. 

"We'll find something" 

Vincenzo gets up and puts on his jacket. 

"Where are you going?"

I lift my head and look at Vincenzo who walks over to the front of the table.

"It's about time that we deal with our greed, i'll be back" 

"Mr Cassano. What now?" Mr Nam says after Vincenzo left the office.

Chaeyoung lets out a sigh and roles her head facing me.

"You've been very odd lately" She proceeds to say.

I frown my eyebrows and put on a confused expression.

"What?" I croak and clear my throat. "What do you mean?"

"You sneak out a lot, come home late, those phone calls you always hide from us"

"Well...I'm a busy woman!" 

"Busy woman my ass it almost makes me think that you have a boyfriend"

"Boyfriend? What?" I laugh a little.

"I don't think she does" Mr Nam joins the conversation. "She's too young"

"Ahh I don't care anymore" Chaeyoung walks over to me and embraces me. "You can date anyone only if I remain your number one"

"Anyone?"

"Anyone"

She chuckles and presses a soft kiss on my head. How will I ever be able to tell her about all the things I've done behind her back. She trusts me and I trust her. We've always shared everything and she still continues doing so, except for me.