› 18 〉

I've been thinking about yesterday all night. While Chaeyoung was watching me how I pretended to read some documents she gave me I was thinking about that kiss.

It feels like a fever dream if you ask me. 

As much as I wished to stay home to collect my thoughts, I couldn't miss the show Vincenzo and Chaeyoung said they'll put on during the Babel reading.

Plus....Junwoo is here too.

Vincenzo, Chaeyoung and I sit down on the seats on the balcony. We have a good view over Hanseo and Junwoo who're currently both on stage.

'Why does he look so pretty'

"Popcorn?" 

I frighten out of my thoughts and look besides me at Vincenzo who's holding a tub of popcorn in front of my face.

"No thanks" I reply quietly.

"The show will start in a minute" Chaeyoung claps in her hands while taking a hand full of popcorn.

"Will you now tell me what you've done?" I ask annoyed.

"We replaced the commercial with the conversation between the traitor and team leader where he'll blackmail him over the anti union documents." Chaeyoung replies exited.

"Y-You what?" I stammer unbelievable.

"You look less exited than I thought you would" Vincenzo says confused.

"She hasn't been herself since she came home yesterday, let her be" Chaeyoung puts her arm around my shoulder and smiles at me.

I can hear the audience gasping from beneath while looking at the video displayed on two screens behind Junwoo. Vincenzo starts to laugh besides me while Chaeyoung her face lights up in joy.

"3..2...1" Vincenzo snaps his fingers and points at the podium.

A huge pile of blood falls down on Junwoo his head. The entire podium fills with the red liquid. Vincenzo and Chaeyoung start to clap and scream in joy.

'They can't be serious'

I start to feel nauseous by the red fluid being all over the stage. I get out of my seat and rush out of the room.

"Eunae wait!" Chaeyoung yells. "What's wrong?"

"Was that your grand final? A pile of blood?"

Chaeyoung sighs as she comes closer to me "It's just pigs blood don't worry" 

"Even after.."

{ Few years ago }

WRITERS POV

"I didn't do this"

Eunyoung looked up from the dead body, facing her older sister. Chaeyoung her hands started to shake as she fell down on the ground besides the lifeless body. The high school student who had been murdered a few minutes ago is now laid down on the cold floor on the side of the highway.

The two sisters didn't say anything to each other while they stared at Eunyoung her old classmate in terror.

"So he was right" Eunyoung said to break the silence.

"Who was?" Her sister asked quietly.

The younger one got up from the floor while grabbing her phone out of her pocket.

"I'm calling the police" She said without any hesitation.

"The hell you are" Before Eunyoung could dial 112 Chaeyoung snatched the phone out of her hands.