› 36 〉

It's already light outside. I tried to sleep but my eyes wouldn't budge. I'm laying comfortable right now, scrolling through instagram as I don't want to wake the person sleeping on the floor.

"You awake?"

Never mind..

"Yeah..did you sleep well?"

Junwoo turns to me with an uncomfortable look on his face.

"Sort of" He gets off the ground and stretches his back. "I'm never sleeping on the floor again"

"I'm sorry that I came here so late..." I put my phone away. "I shouldn't-"

"Apologies won't solve it" He grunts. "Deeds do"

"So what do you want me to do?"

"I'm meeting someone today about our kids. Come with me"

"Okay...yeah alright" I grab my phone again. "I just need to call Hyena and tell her to manage the office today"

I grab my phone off the coffee table in front of the window. Turning around, I see Junwoo looking at me with soft eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Is there another way to look at someone?"

He grabs a towel out of the closet and puts it around his neck.

"Let's leave in an hour"

Time skip

"OSAKA?!"

I widen my eyes while Mr Kim, a private investigator, nods calmly. Junwoo sighs dramatically, smashing the table with his fists.

"I don't get it. How did fucking Chaeyoung even-"

He cuts off his sentence by my worried look.

"I mean...how did our son end up in Osaka"

"Apparently the people who bought him live there. It's a family of four. Mom, father and two sons including your son. They own a meat factory"

"Doesn't make me less worried" I cross my arms. "And you're sure he's alive?"

Mr Kim opens his drawer and throws some pictures onto the table. "This is him"

I grab them slowly and study them. Tears jump into my eyes as I look at the smallest, palest, bubbliest baby ever. He's sitting on the lap of a woman. She has short brown hair with an emotionless expression on her face. Besides her is a man sitting with a small grin shown on his lips. And behind him I can see a boy around the age of 16 with pitch black hair.

"No way.."

"What about our daughter?"

"Unfortunately, there is no recent data found about her. Just this picture from a year ago"

Mr Kim gives Junwoo a picture. I glance over his shoulder. It's a picture of a girl in the hands of someone who's face I can't see. She looks very pale and only has a dipper on.

"Please find her.."

"I'll do anything in my power to find her. I owe it to your husband"

"Oh no we aren't.."

"Why not?"

I look at Junwoo who avoids my eye contact.

"It's complicated"

"Well maybe you should think about it. It'll be easier for the kids"

I slowly nod as I don't know how else to respond.  We get up and bow politely before leaving the room.