› 35 〉

"Surprise"

My eyes widen. But, I don't feel scared. Maybe I should, I don't know, but I don't. The only thing I do is remain quiet, waiting for him to say something. Just something. Anything.

"Have you been doing okay?"

"I'm.." I can't finish my sentence by the shock going through my body.

Junwoo wants to grab my hand but I move back a bit. He lowers his head to the ground, but doesn't try to do it again.

"Ms Hong! Ms Hong!" 

I frighten by Hyena her voice.

"Are you okay? I heard you scream but I was on the toilet"

"I'm fine! It's fine it was just a rat"

"Should I call someone for it?"

"No it's fine. Go home I'll do it myself"

I can hear Hyena cheering. "Thank you, Ms Hong"

As soon as her rushing footsteps soften, Junwoo chuckles.

"Seems like you make a great boss"

"Why are you here?" I speak quiet. "How did you get here"

He sighs. "We should talk"

"Okay, but not here"

We take place at the reeling of the bridge. Cars behind us are passing by on full speed. It's a bit cold, but it's the only open place I could think of at 1am. I haven't seen him in so long so being alone with him might not be the best idea, I think. 

"Where are they?"

"Who?"

Junwoo turns his head to me. His eyes are sad, like he knows something. I can't think of anything besides the fact that the brother he thought he killed is actually alive. But how can he know about it..right?

"Our kids" 

Fucking hell..

"I don't know" I shrug my shoulders. "Chaeyoung took care of it"

"And you didn't ask me?"

"You weren't even here"

He sighs. "Still. You shouldn't have made that decision alone"

"I didn't do it alone. Chaeyoung helped me"

"At least you should know where they are then"

"I don't"

"Why?"

"I just don't. Chaeyoung tells me how they are every day and I'm fine to know that they're fine too"

"Don't you want them back?"

"No, I don't"

"And why not?"

"Because" I twist my hands together. "One, I'm busy. Two, they would grow up without a dad. Three, I'm afraid to mess them up"

Junwoo lifts his head from the ground. I continue looking at the moonlights reflection on the river. He takes a step closer to me, continuing to stare at my face.

"I don't think you would be a bad mom"

I chuckle. "Thank you but still. Raising twins? Alone? That's intense"

He turns his body back to the river, looking down. I can see that he's clearly hurt by my response. 

"I didn't mean to-"