› 27 〉

It's finally my cue too enter the hospital. Watching how Junwoo, Ms Choi and Mr Han get into their car, I rush inside. It's not like I'm avoiding them- okay yeah I'm trying to avoid them but that's only to have some alone time with Hanseo. And of course Ms Choi her suspicion of me is raising day by day so it's better not to face her here.

Slowly I step into the room. A small chuckle leaves my mouth as I walk over to the bed. 

"Can't you go a day without hurting yourself?"

"It isn't deep don't worry. Vincenzo knows what he's doing" Hanseo says with a smile. "Now hold my hand, it hurts so much"

"Who said I was worried" I grab his hand and sit down on the chair besides the bed. "I'm glad you and Vincenzo are getting along. You did a good thing"

His chuckle makes an unwanted smile form on my lips. I feel him placing his hand on my cheek, stroking it softly. My eyes widen a bit with my heartbeat changing rapidly. 

"Why does it feel like you're hiding something"

"Me?" I raise my eyebrows. "I'm not"

He smiles.

"Why do you look so nervous then? Did something happen between you and Vincenzo?"

"I'm sitting in a hospital at 10pm besides my friend who got shot. I have all the right to be nervous"

For a second, I felt like telling the truth. But luckily my subconscious jumped in at the right time. First I suspected him of being my stalker and then I found out that he was abused by his brother whom I'm dating...plus he's in the hospital now. No, stupid you can't tell him.

"Do you remember when we used to skip school just to be able to go to that ice salon you liked which was only open in between school hours"

"Why are you bringing that up" I glance at him and he gives me a serious look back.

"I got in so much trouble because of covering for you each time.." He chuckles nervously. "What I'm trying to say is," He flushes.. "I really care for you" ...his soft, kind smile slowly returning.

"I care for you too. You're like my brother"

"B-Brother?" He laughs. "Brother?!"

"What? Is it weird to say because we kissed?"

"No I mean-"

"I should go before Chaeyoung starts calling me"

"But-"

"Get well soon..." I hop over to the door. "..brother!"

{ Time skip }

Chaeyoung hands me one of my suits, nodding her head.

"Put this on. We're leaving in an hour"

"What are we doing?"

"It's time to knock some pieces off Babel their board" Vincenzo gives me a necklace. "We recorded Babel their shady dealings. It's time to use it"

"R-Recorded?" I look over at the clock. "Okay. I'll get dressed now"

With shaking hands I walk over to the bathroom. I drop the suit on the sink, looking at myself in the mirror. My make up looks great today but my hair looks like a mess. 

I grab my phone out of my purse and dial Junwoo his number.

"Pick up pick up"

He doesn't pick up.