› 5 〉

"Eunae!" 

I turn around and see Junwoo rushing towards me. We agreed on meeting in front of my house as Chaeyoung took my car with her and lost her own car keys.

"So, where are we going today?" I ask with a smile.

"First, you look so pretty" He says while admiring my outfit.

I'm wearing a white dress with a small clip in my hair while he is wearing a grey suit that sort of goes by my dress.

"So do you" I reply.

I've actually never went on a date. Hanseo was pretty much the only man I wanted to have close to me until Junwoo came along.

"It's a surprise" Junwoo takes out a blindfold out of his pocket.

"You aren't going to kidnap me right" I say as he wraps the blindfold around my eyes.

"I'm not, I would've done it a way more dramatic" 

I hold on to Junwoo his hand while he seats me down in his car.

{ Time skip }

Junwoo leads the way as we get out of the elevator. It was clear that we got into an elevator based on the way I could feel us going up.

"Surprise!"

I take off my blindfold and start to laugh when I see an insane view over the city. There is a pretty decorated table right in front of it.

"Welcome to my apartment" He says with a smile.

"It's so pre- Did you just say your apartment?" I say as my eyes widen.

How am I supposed to continue with my plan now.

"Yeah, it's quiet, pretty and gives us privacy" Junwoo replies.

I walk over to the window and gasp when I see all the pretty city lights and the cars driving around, letting me forget all about the reason why I actually agreed to this date.

"You like it?" Junwoo takes place next to me as he places his hand around me.

"I would never guess that you live like this" I chuckle.

"Cheers, to a good life" He gives me a glass of whine and clicks it with mine.

We finish it quickly and both sigh at the same time.

"Do you believe that I really like you now? I even cleaned the entire living room and cooked food" Junwoo says.

"I do.." I say, still admiring the view.

"So..do you accept me?" He asks as he looks over at my face.

"And what if I do?"

"Hmm..I'll ask you if you like me too" 

"Do you want me to confess that badly" I laugh a little while looking into Junwoo his desperate eyes. 

"Alright, I do. I like you too, happy?" I spill out.

I've honestly always liked Junwoo, but after the death of my father and my suspicion of him being the real boss I tried to push my feelings aside. 

Junwoo places his hands on my waist and turns me around towards him. He slowly starts to come closer to me which makes me put a few steps back until I hit my head against the window.

"Really happy" He whispers in my ear.

My heart starts to beat faster as his face moves closer to mine. I squeeze my dress to make sure not to yell about whatever is going to happen.

"Stop!" 

I frighten by the sudden male voice that is coming from behind Junwoo. I look over at Junwoo who starts to role his eyes.

"Get away from her"

I look over Junwoo his shoulder which reveals Hanseo standing in front of the elevator.

"What are you doing here?" I ask confused.

"Brother, do you need to ruin everything?" Junwoo says as he walks over to Hanseo.

"I knew that you knew about us being friends. So is this your plan? Hurt her to get back at me?" Hanseo says which makes Junwoos facial expression change from annoyed to angry.

"B-Brother?" I stutter.

"Eunae, let's go" Hanseo wants to walk over to me but Junwoo pushes him away.

"Why do you never do as I say" Junwoo says.

"Wait so you are.." 

Junwoo starts to laugh as he comes closer to me.

"I am. Why? Don't you like me anymore?"

I push him away from me and rush over to Hanseo. 

"Why would you do such things to your brother" I say while glaring over at Junwoo. "Why would you kill innocent people and put on some innocent act in front of everyone!"

"Sorry sweetie, it's just business" Junwoo says with a grin.

"Business? That's inhuman" 

"Love is part of humanity, isn't it" He says as he slowly walks over to me.

"Still doesn't explain all the awful things you did, especially to your brother"

"You want to safe him?" Junwoo asks as he kneels down in front of me."I'll give you two choices. You can leave now and pretend like you know nothing, but Hanseo, Chaeyoung and Vincenzo their lives will be at risk or you join me and I'll treat Hanseo better" 

I try to fight back my tears after he finishes his sentence. How could Hanseo hide this from me, having a brother who beats him up for noting and getting used like a poppet on a string. And how is Junwoo the real boss behind Babel?

Nothing makes sense to me.

"So when you pretended to be sad for Chaeyoung and me when our father died it was pretty much an act?"

"Now that hurts me" Junwoo comes closer to me and places his hand on my cheek which makes me get goosebumps all over my body. "You know that I care about you, right?"

"So what, you won't kill me?"

"Why would I, you're the only thing that keeps me sane" He gets up and walks over to the kitchen where he grabs a water bottle.

"Eunae, you should go. You can't be caught up in this" Hanseo whispers as soon as Junwoo got out of our sights.

"It's a little late now, isn't it" I whisper back.

"I won't leave you alone especially not now" I continue.

"Please for once think about yourself" His eyes fill with tears as he starts to cry.

A few tears escape my eyes as I see my best friend hurting like that.

"Remember when you gave me this" I show him my wrist with the bracelet he gave me three years ago.

Hanseo wants to look away but I grab his face in between my two hands.

"I said that I'll do anything to protect you, I'm keeping that promise"

He starts to cry even more after I finish my sentence. I place my hand on his head and start to go through his hair.

"Don't cry, it doesn't suit you" I whisper, making him laugh a little.

A few minutes later Junwoo walks back to the two of us. I get up and take a few deep breathes.

"I'll...join you"