› 16 〉

"I need to tell you something. It's regarding Jang Hanseok"

Chaeyoung looks at me with a confused face. 

"He has been-"

Before I could say something my phone starts to ring. 

"Wait a second"

I walk towards my room and close the door.

Great timing

Sorry
Are you home?

Yeah, why?

No reason

Is everything okay?

Yes, I just wanted to hear your voice

Okay..totally not weird...

I have to go

I'll see you

He hangs up the phone, leaving me nothing but confused.

{ Next day }

"H-He got shot? By Hanseo?"

I look towards Ms Choi who slowly nods her head.

"That explains a lot.."

Ever since Hanseo asked me those questions regarding Junwoo I felt that something was coming. Or his random phone call yesterday?

But my question is..

"Why did Hanseo do that?" 

Ms Choi walks over to me with a disappointed look.

"It's obvious, isn't it"

I frown my eyebrows as I look over at the deranged woman.

"Come on now. You can't just-" She stops midway her sentence as if she saw a ghost.

I look around the room, seeing no one but us two in the reflection of the window.

"I can't just what?" I ask curious.

"Never mind. Just ask him yourself"

Ms Choi wants to walk away but I smash the door in front of her before she could take a step out of the room.

"Now we're here.." I lean against the door while looking at the woman with squinting eyes. "Why did you tell Junwoo about what happened"

I can see her becoming nervous as I finished my sentence. I know that she knows what I'm talking about, but her silence is starting to annoy me.

"I mean he said it himself. Unless you call him a liar" I continue, trying to squeeze an answer out of her.

"He got suspicious. I had to tell him" Ms Choi places her hand on the door handle as she slowly looks up towards me. "Plus, he's the CEO with connections everywhere. Did you could hide this from him?"

{ Time skip }

I step into Hanseo his office and smash the door behind me.

"What do you think you're-" Hanseo stops midway his sentence when he sees that it's just me.

I walk over to him in a fastened pace. He closes his eyes and turns his head as if he's expecting me to hit him.

"What are you doing?"