𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢‎✪

pairing: 𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝚡 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛

summary: 𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚒𝚜𝚜 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚏𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐.
Words: 𝟙𝟝𝟝𝟠
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Bucky."

"Mhm."

"Are you listening? I need to talk to you about –"

Bucky cursed, "Damn."

"What?"

"I can't find my gun."

You sighed, "Steve locked it with his after the last mission. Something about Tony fixing security in your cell. It's right over – yeah, right there, Buck. Now can we talk —"

"Sweetheart, I'm running late." Bucky pointed out, securing the gun around his waist. "Steve's probably out there having a meltdown right now. I gotta go."

"But this...this is important –"

Bucky pressed his lips against your forehead, "I'm sure it is and because it's so important, how about we wait to talk about it after I get back, ya? That way I can listen real well and we can talk about it for hours."

You paused.

"Okay."

He kissed your forehead again, "That's my girl."

You grabbed his hand before he could walk out and ran your thumb over his ring.

"Just be safe, okay? I want you back in one piece. I mean it."

He smiled, "Okay, sweetheart. One piece."

It wasn't supposed to be a hard day. Not at all. Just a simple one where you caught up on all the paperwork Fury had sent over and listened in on some meetings. The boys were out, so it was just you and Natasha and to be honest, you liked days like this. They were some of your favorites because Natasha always made time go by fast. Distracted you from the fact that your husband was out in the field and that he could come back hurt or – or God forbid, not come back at all.

It never got easier. Never.

But Natasha made it tolerable.

She did.

On all days, except today.

Today felt long and drawn out. Like time was at a standstill and that Bucky was never going to come home. You didn't know what to do with yourself and it was getting frustrating as hell.

Bucky felt the same.

Frustrated.

Frustrated because he felt like he was missing something, frustrated because he wasn't able to talk with you this morning and beyond frustrated that the mission was taking longer than expected. He remembered telling the pilot to step on it once he got back into the jet. He needed to get home. Fast. He missed his girl and she needed to talk to him about something.

Something important.

Natasha gave him a sad smile when he arrived back at the compound. It wasn't what he was expecting. In fact, he was expecting you to be standing there, all excited, and ready to jump on him with full force. Plant kisses all over his face and give him one of those smiles that healed every part of him.

You'd completely ignore the fact that he was all dirty and sweaty, all because you were excited that he was home, because you missed him.

Maybe that was why he was all frustrated too. He missed you and date night got canceled last week. All thanks to some last-minute call they received from Coulson in D.C. It was aggravating as hell, always one thing after another and Bucky just wanted to spend some time with you.