𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢‎✪

part 1

Pairing: Dad!Bucky x Teacher!Reader

Okay, who tf isn't a sucker for Dad!Bucky

18+ Minors DNI

Warnings: implied smut nothing too crazy, self image issues, age gap (reader is in early twenties, Buck is late thirties early forties), female aligned reader

Word Count: 3.6k

Summery: You are first grade teacher and Bucky is a single dad who wants to be involved with everything his little girl - Elaine - does. He's the dad all the parent's and faculty drool over. You quickly become Elaine's favorite teacher and Bucky's just gotta meet you.

6:30 am

The digital clock above the radio mocked you as each minute ticked by. Early meetings were never fun. Something about sitting at a table crowded with tired teachers was draining. Reaching across the middle console you grabbed the tote filled with miscellaneous craft supplies, failing to catch the few googly eyes that fell onto the floorboard. Stepping out into the cool morning air you suppress a shiver making your way up to the entrance.

Everything was quiet early in the mornings. No kids running down the halls or teachers blowing those stupid whistles trying to make them calm down. A smile made its way onto your face seeing the new bulletin board you had slaved over for a few days. Pictures of each of the kids next to their artistic renditions of the school building. You were only a week into the year and it was already so busy you could barely keep up with the work. Approaching the conference room you could smell the coffee and stale bagels the school board provided as a half ass incentive to quote: "Have a good year!". Honestly, you'd rather them be blunt with you on new policies instead of them pretending they care.

Because to be clear, they don't.

Stepping into the room you found yourself a seat and waited patiently as all the other's slowly filtered in. It was a long meeting going over the same policies you'd already read over. While they rambled on you did some lesson planning, specifically on today's lesson. In the evening there was a PTA meeting and an open house planned. Thankfully, you didn't have to sit in on the PTA moms arguing about a fall festival that was weeks away, but you were in charge of having something for the kids to do while their parents were there. Today's lesson surrounded the reading book you were reading to the class, Goodbye Summer Hello Autumn. The theme was the change in seasons and the kids seemed to love it. You were trying to think of something that could coincide with the lesson as well.

"Any questions?"

No one responded. Mrs.Florence clapped her hands together and dismissed everyone. "Excellent job on the bulletin board. Very cute." She said, patting you on the back on the way out. "Yes." You silently congratulated yourself. Praise from that woman was nearly impossible to receive, and you were really trying. Being so much younger than a majority of the teacher's made it incredibly hard to gain respect. Sometimes it was worse than highschool, and you had to remind yourself constantly that it wasn't for you, it was for the kids. Those little smiles were worth far more than anyone else's approval. Stepping into your classroom you flipped the lights on and began setting up for the day. Crayon baskets at each table, each student's writing journal, and selecting the helper's for the day.

Paper collector, line leader, and snack helper were high honors in a first grade classroom.

Finally turning on the board you put up the plan for the day and finally took a seat waiting for your TA and the kids to come in. Just in time Hailie came in with a string of excited children behind her. Hailie was your assistant and you were thankful for her more than you could even express. "Good morning guys!" You said standing up watching all of them put their things away in their cubbys. You received a plethora of replies and most of them were excited screams. "They're extra hyper today." Hailie huffed, sinking down into her chair. You gave her a pitiful smile before walking around your desk.