𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢‎✪

part 1
pairing: Bucky x female reader

Words:1314

   summery: Based off of the Taylor Swift song "Begin Again" off of her 2012 album; Red. After a terrible ending to an established relationship, you find yourself giving up on love forever. You've got it in your mind that all love ever does is end; That is until you go shopping with your friends Wanda and Natasha and meet Bucky. Things with him are simply platonic until he asks you on a date, and after 8 months of trying to get over your ex, you hesitantly agree.

Marcus <3

Hey, can you come to my place after work today? I need to tell you something important.

You were on your lunch break at a café you normally visited with your two best friends, Natasha and Wanda when Marcus texted you. You let out a little scream reading over the text message and turning the phone to face your friends. They reacted the same. Everyone. Yes, everyone had been waiting for Marcus to propose for 2 years now. You'd been together for 4. You were close with his family, as was he with yours. His mom thought of you as one of her own, accepting you into the family the first time you were introduced to them. And after analyzing that message, it seems that all your attempts at sending him rings and hinting at an engagement were going to work.

You

Of course, my love :) See you then!

"Ahh! I'm so happy for you. Can I pretty please be a bridesmaid?" Wanda said with a huge smile on her face.

"Oh- I mean.. Sur-" Natasha cut you off.

"Girl, he hasn't even proposed yet," she laughed. "Let the engagement sink in first and then start planning." she winked.

"I suppose I should take it one step at a time. Speaking of which, don't we need to be heading back to the office?" you asked.

Both girls looked at their phones and agreed. You cleaned off your table and then caught a cab to head back. On the way, you couldn't help but think about how Marcus would propose. He was never an extravagant person who went all out. Early on, that caused a bit of tension.

Things weren't always perfect with Marcus. The first year you both fought a lot, always arguing over something minor. Only after a year of dating, you had decided that it would help if you moved in together, that way you could spend more time with each other.

Marcus was your first everything. First kiss. First love. First time. It wasn't hard imagining the rest of your life with him. After fixing the problems earlier in your relationship, everything finally had felt right.

***

After enlisting the help of Wanda and Nat shortly after work, you were dressed up in a red blouse, your favorite pair of skinny jeans, and some casual black heels. While Wanda curled your hair, Nat did your makeup. Needless to say, you looked stunning. After texting Marcus that you would be slightly late to his place, you quickly locked your apartment and called a cab.

When you arrived at Marcus' place, you knocked on his door. Expecting to see him light up at your outfit, he just looked tired. He was dressed in khaki shorts and a t-shirt, not ready at all to go out. Maybe it had been a long day for him at the office? He opened up the door fully and invited you in.

"Everything okay hun?" you asked.

"Uh, yeah. I think you should sit down for this," he ushered you to his couch. "And why are you wearing that outfit?"

You frowned at his question. You had felt confident getting ready. Nevertheless, you turned your frown upside down. Expecting him to get on one knee and pull out your dream ring, you were sorely disappointed at his next words.

"I'm breaking up with you,"

"What?" you said, tears threatening to spill from your eyes. Trying to maintain a straight look on your face when he said those 5 words. He had to be joking?

"I've been thinking for a while. We were just a college couple. I mean honestly Y/N, we've been fighting since the beginning." he sighed.

You were now full-on sobbing. Had you just been wearing rose-colored glasses throughout the entire relationship?

"I- I thought you were going to-to propose? I mean, I got all dressed up. I just thought" you let out a breath. "I thought we were going to be together forever,"

He sat beside you, wondering whether to comfort you or not.

" Y/N, you been amazing it's just," he took a deep breath in gently grabbing your chin and turning your puffy eyes and red face towards him. "I don't wanna marry you. I don't wanna be with you. I just can't do this," he pointed his finger back and forth at you and him. "anymore,"

You looked back down after he said that. Your heart was broken after his confession. You were too afraid to look up at him so you mumbled.

"I should go, goodbye Marcus,"

You got up and walked to the door, and heard him behind you.

"Goodbye Y/N. See you around, okay?" you nodded.

He opened the door and you walked out into the hallway. Your first instinct was to call Wanda and Nat. They would know what to do. Wanda answered the phone and you heard Nat in the background.

"Y/N, CONGRATS!!" you assume she heard the sobs in the background. "Y/N are you okay? What happened? Where are you, we'll come and g-"

"No," you managed to spit out. "I'm fine, um I need to come over and ex- explain,"

"Oh, okay. Do you want me to stay on the line with you or?" Wanda asked.

"No, I'll be there shortly," you cried, getting into the elevator.

***

When you showed up to Wanda's doorstep sobbing uncontrollably they assumed the worst. When Nat and Wanda went to hug you, your knees gave out and you just continued to cry.

"H- he br-" you stumbled on your words. You couldn't believe you'd ever have to say this. "We broke up."

"Oh my GOD. What did he tell you?" Natasha said.

Wanda repeated, "Yeah, what did he say?"

"Well," you sniffed trying to recall what happened before your emotions took control of you. "He didn't say a lot. He told me that he didn't want to marry me. That was what stood out the most,"

"Oh, that douche bag can go to hell!" Natasha said.

"No, no, no. It's okay- It's just a lot to take in at the moment." You hesitated. "Could we maybe have a girl's night tonight?"

"You didn't even have to ask," Wanda said. Walking you to her couch and finally closing the door to her place.

Both women understood your pain. They comforted you the best they knew how. That night had turned into a pamper night, even though all three of you had work the next day. You all stayed up watching movies, eating ice cream, and trying to get your mind off Marcus.

After your fourth movie together Wanda wanted to cheer you up. Sure, she was never good at advice, but she'd do anything for her best friend. She grabbed your hand during the credits scene, prompting your attention, you turned to her.

"Honey, cheer up. You'll find someone else who will love you even more,"

"Will I though? I just think love just breaks and burns and ends..." you sighed.

Wanda let go of your hand and looked to Natasha.

Nat shrugged. "She's right Wanda. Don't let a man tie you down Y/N. You'll heal and never look back on the day that that douche broke your heart,"

You just nodded. You needed to heal