𝙱𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢‎✪

Wizard of Oz

Summary: Y/N is nervous about telling Bucky that she's asexual. Turns out he's nothing but supportive! Fluff follows, of course.

TW: Mentions of homophobia from Y/N's ex

Disclaimer:I've researched on telling your partner you're asexual. If any of this is inaccurate or offensive, please let me know as I do not intend it to be and I'll fix it or remove it accordingly. Everyone is valid :)

Being a former Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., Y/N relied a lot on the training she had received. Not just for missions, but for everyday life (like the situation she was currently faced with). One of the first things Y/N had been trained in was the art of not letting your fears control you, but to control them, and to work on not letting the fears stop you, but to be able to push through it and even use them in some cases. That training? It was usually meant for dangerous missions ...

Not for your normal life.

However, Y/N figured she could use it if she toned the intensity of the training down a bit, because she was definitely nervous.

How was her boyfriend, Bucky, going to react when she told him she was asexual?

They were a couple months into their relationships and Y/N hadn't told him. She told herself that she would tell him eventually, but kept putting it off. She knew she was scared that he'd react badly. Y/N frequently reminded herself that there was no reason for Bucky to react badly because he was supportive of the LGBTQ+ community ... but one of her ex-partners claimed to not be homophobic and when she told them she was asexual, they laughed at her, not believing that what she was saying was even "real".

"Y/N?"

Y/N got pulled back into reality and realized she had been zoning out when she heard Bucky's voice, and she instantly put a smile on her face.

"Are you okay? I was wondering if you thought I was right to veto Sam's movie choice for move night and you weren't answering," Bucky said, trailing off. His own smile was faltering as concern started to wash over his face, looking at her curiously.

Y/N shook her head and giggled, hoping it didn't sound as forced as it was. "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Could you tell me what the movie was again?" She asked.

Bucky sat back on the couch, his lips forming into a line showing that he wasn't convinced by her words. "Okay ... It's just that you've been acting kinda off lately ... You know whatever it is you can talk to me, right?" He said.

Y/N had averted her gaze to the ground and was prepared to deny it, but when she looked up and caught his gaze, denying it went out the window. His eyes were so kind, so warm, and invited in comfort. A small sigh escaped her lips and she slumped her shoulders, allowing herself to show him what was truly going on.

Bucky leaned forward and took her hands in his, patiently waiting while she took a moment for herself as she ducked her head.

"I need to tell you something," Y/N said in a voice that was just above a whisper as she picked her head up and looked into her boyfriend's eyes. Her face was blank because she didn't want him to think that what she was going to say was bad, as it wasn't. It was valid, and the pep talk she had been giving herself was that if he reacted badly, then screw him. She would deserve better.

Bucky gave an encouraging nod, doing his best to let her know that he wasn't pressuring her.

Y/N took in a breath. "I'm asexual," she said, deciding to just say it before putting it off any longer.

Bucky processed the information and then nodded, smiling. "Okay, that's great. I completely support you," he said.

Y/N blinked and a smile immediately spread across her features, too. Without thinking, she leapt forward to hug him and ending up pushing him so he was laying on the couch. Both of them erupted in fits of giggles as they hugged.

After a moment, Y/N rolled off of him and laid on the couch, next to and looking at him. "Sorry," she said, chuckling as she realized her sudden jump from nerves to excitement must have shocked him. "Most of my partners haven't been that accepting of me asexual in the past."

Bucky frowned and reached out to cup her cheek in his hand. "Well, they suck and they don't deserve you, doll. I love you," he said, and moved over to kiss her.

"So, uh, what movie of Sam's choice did you veto?" Y/N asked curiously after they pulled away.

"Oh ... Wizard of Oz."

"You don't like Wizard of Oz?"

"I never said I didn't like it I just didn't want to watch it - hey! Where are you going?"

"I cannot believe my boyfriend doesn't like Wizard of Oz. What kind of human are you?"

"The kind of human who has a metal arm ... Y/N, c'mon! Come back!"

A couple hours later ...

"Bucky told me to tell you that he wants to cuddle with you."

"I can't."

"What, have you got plans?"

"He said earlier he didn't wanna watch the Wizard of Oz, Nat."

"Oh ... Carry on, then."

"Thank you."