C h a p t e r 4

Chapter 4: A Grip On The Wrist

"She was so artistic, painting smiles on everyone's faces but her own

"She was so artistic, painting smiles on everyone's faces but her own."

✰✰✰

"Remember to complete tonight's homework!" Our anatomy teacher yelled as kids got up to leave the class.

Maggie and I walked out of our class and started to head towards the locker building.

"What do you think of Oakwood View High School?" Maggie asks as we open the doors to the building.

"I actually really like it here! Newport High School was... just not the best school."

At Newport High School, I was very heavily bullied by the 'popular' couple there. Erica Hobbs and Cory Ray. No one knew about the bullying, not even Camryn. The only reason I wanted to go back to that school after Camryn died was because I thought the teachers would think something was up and call the police. I'm too scared to do it on my own.

"Well, I'm glad you came here! It's nice to be friends with someone who isn't Adrian or Keaton."

I laugh, "I would imagine."

We get to our lockers. Opening and grabbing the books we need before shutting them.

"You work today right?"

"Yeah. I walk straight from here to the boxing arena."

"Keaton left his bag at lunch today so I have to drop it off, I can take you if you want?" Maggie says.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm going there now, it's on the way and regardless I would have still asked you."

I smile, "Oh, okay. That sounds nice."

We both head out of the building, towards the parking lot.

As we approach the car I stop, flabbergasted. "This is your car?" I screech.

Maggie laughs, "Yeah."

To clarify, my dream car is a black Audi. I don't even know why... don't ask.

But this is the car Maggie has if you already couldn't tell.

"Hop in!" Maggie shakes her keys in the air.

I nod with excitement and get into the passenger seat.

On the way to the boxing arena, Maggie and I talk about our classes and homework. I know it's boring but we have each other in every class so we need to take advantage of that.

We pull up to the front entrance. We get out of the car, heading inside.

"I'm going to give this to Keaton since he is here already but I want to say bye to you before I go." Maggie says.