C h a p t e r 2 2

Chapter 22: You're Nothing More Than Shards Of Glass

"The strongest one's bleed in silence. Have no one applauding their growth. Have no one watching their healing process. They bloom in silence."

✰✰✰

I slowly open my eyes only for them to close again.

I keep trying to open them till they are fully open.

I muster all the strength I can and I pull out my phone, opening a text to send to Keaton.

Camilla: Stay with Maggie and Adrian. Watch each other's backs, please.

I click send as I put my phone back into my pocket. Ignoring all of the calls and texts from the three of them.

I sit up and crawl towards the edge of the couch. I lean my back against the couch.

I take a couple of deep breaths.

"You really thought I would let you off so easily?" My dad taunts walking into the room.

I look at him and tilt my head to the side. "W-what?"

"Apparently, it isn't sticking to you. You need to know that after everything you caused, you are nothing! You are nothing more than dirt! You are nothing more than someone who ruined my life!" He yells while pulling a knife out of his pocket.

I try to back up but my body is too weak from falling down the stairs.

He crutches down in front of me. "After everything, this is what you deserve."

He grabs my arm and pulls up my sleeve. He brings the knife to my skin. He pushes the blade through my flesh as I scream out in pain.

After 5 minutes, he tosses the knife to the side, he stands up.

"Look at it!" He spits at me.

I look down at my arm and I see he carved into my skin. Something that will never go away.

He wrote:

You're nothing more than shards of glass.

He actually wrote something going across my arm.

Tears brim the surface of my eyes as I blink them away.

"Part 3," He laughs a dark and twisting laugh.

Before I have a chance to ask what he meant, he grabbed me by the hair and dragged me through the living room to up the stairs.

Creating more pain to shoot through my back.

He walks down to Camryn's bedroom. He opens the door and sets me on the edge of the window seal.

"Why are you doing this?" I ask.