C h a p t e r 1 6

Chapter 16: Back To Where We Started The Night We Met

"Some people are born with tornados in their lives, but constellations in their eyes

"Some people are born with tornados in their lives, but constellations in their eyes. Other people are born with stars at their feet, but their souls are lost at sea."

✰✰✰

Walking down the halls of Newport High School, I keep my head down in hopes Cory and Erica don't find me.

I turn the hall, slamming into something rock hard.

I look up and take two steps back. "I'm s-sorry," I stutter out.

A smirk grows across Cory's face. "Camilla Carter. Where have you been all week?"

I was locked in the basement with the injuries from my dad. I couldn't get up or get out.

"Just h-home with m-my family," I say fearfully.

He hums. "But why weren't you in school?" He counters.

"J-just family s-stuff."

Cory takes a step forward.

I take a step back.

The bell rings, people clearing the halls.

I try to get past Cory but he grabs my wrist.

Now It's just us two.

He pushes me into the wall and I shut my eyes.

"Camilla. Camilla. Camilla," He taunts.

Just on cue, his girlfriend, Erica comes from down the hall.

Both of them nod before they drag me into the janitor's closet next to us.

Erica turns on the lights. Cory locks the door.

I back up into the furthest corner away from them.

Erica laughs as she approaches me. "You know the drill. Cory has to release his pent-up anger on you somehow."

I shake my head no quickly.

Erica holds my hands behind my back as Cory walks towards me.

He clenches his fist and without hesitation, punches and kicks me repeatedly.

"Remember how worthless you are. You are nothing more than a human punching bag."

Erica lets go of my hands as Cory pushes me by the shoulders causing me to slam into the wall behind me.

Cory unlocks the door and walks out as Erica turns the lights back off.

I slide down the wall to the ground. I bring my knees to my chest and lay my head into my legs as I cry silently and painfully.