C h a p t e r 2 1

Chapter 21: The Fight Between Love And Hate

"I don't know what I am supposed to do with everything I feel for you

"I don't know what I am supposed to do with everything I feel for you. No one ever showed me how to keep the ocean hidden beneath my skin. No one ever told me: In love you drown."

✰✰✰

I look outside and see the pouring rain cover the windows of the boxing arena.

The rain falls to the ground. The rain cascades down the window, almost like painting a picture.

The rain creates a faint, calming noise. Almost calming my nerves against Erica fighting tonight.

I lean against outside of the infirmary walls, staring at the open windows of the arena.

I look in my perpetual vision and see Keaton walking in my direction. He could be walking in the infirmary to talk to Maggie, but I have a feeling he isn't.

"Camilla, we need to talk."

I look up at him. "Then talk." I deadpanned.

He cocks his head to the side and sighs.

"Not here." He says before grabbing my wrist and pulling me outside with him.

"Why are we talking in the rain? We can literally go into the back room."

Keaton lets go of my wrist and takes a step back.

"I need to talk to you. I don't need anyone to hear this." He pleads.

I take a step back.

"What could you possibly have to say?" I start, "you told me you didn't want to be my friend and we didn't talk for 3 months! Then, Devin kidnaps me and suddenly you want to protect me! We have another fight because I wasn't ready to tell you something when I am trying to protect you! I can't do this back and forth protecting, ignoring, and turning cold thing with you. If you don't want to be friends with me just say it." I snap.

I take a step back.

"You have no idea how bad I want to know what's going on and why you feel the need to protect me when I am one of the best fighters!"

Keaton takes a step back.

"The point in protecting you is for you not to find out!"

Another step.

"Not when you are putting yourself in danger!"

Another step.

I push my wet hair behind my ears. "Keaton, I have been in danger!"

Another step.

"By who? Just tell me who!"

Another step.

"I can't! Why can't you see that!"

Another step

"Not when you are risking your life for me!"