C h a p t e r 6

Chapter 6: Silence In Awkwardness And Silence In Pain

"I think she's caught between who she is and who she wants to be

"I think she's caught between who she is and who she wants to be."

✰✰✰

These past few days have been nothing new... well kind of. Maggie and I have been getting closer. Devin is now ignoring me even after he apologized then dropped me twice. Adrian calls Keaton an asshole any chance he can get. And well Keaton? I have tried to ignore him as much as possible. I can't stand him as much as he can't stand me, maybe even a little more.

Anyways, today is Friday. After school I have to go home till 5:45 before I walk to the boxing arena for my night shift. But for now, I am walking to the locker building to meet Maggie before class.

I walk up to her with a wave, "Hey!"

She turns around, "Oh, hey, Camilla!"

I open up my dial to my locker to get books for my first couple classes.

"Are you ready for tonight?" She asks, exceedingly.

"Yeah, actually I am! But how do main events work? I have never been at one before."

Her eyes widened out of shock. "Oh! I will have Adrian explain it to you at lunch since he fights on main events."

I smile. "Thank you!"

I shut my locker, facing Maggie. "Do you have a job?"

She chuckles lightly, "no, why?"

I pull a knowing smile.

She knows what I am going to ask before I say what it is.

She points a finger at me. "No! Camilla, no way!"

"No way, what?" Adrian asks as he walks up.

I raise my hands in surrender, "I didn't even say it."

Maggie looks over at Adrian. "Do you think I should work for the medical team at the boxing arena?"

Adrian's eyes widened, as if they would pop out of socket. "I think if Camilla teaches you how to help people... you wouldn't be terrible."

I feel a lightbulb moment. "I have an idea!"

"What is it?" They both say simultaneously.

"Tonight could be a trial run. And if all works out you can be my work partner instead of Devin." I say.

Maggie lightly smiles. "I like that idea. Okay, I will try it out."

I clap out of excitement. "If all goes well, I will talk to my manager before I leave."

Adrian nods. "It's not a bad idea, actually."

We talk for a couple minutes before the three of us head to class.