C h a p t e r 3 9

Chapter 39: When This Is All Over, I Will Find My Way Back To You

"I don't care how complicated this gets, I still want you."

✰✰✰

"You look so beautiful!" Maggie exclaims, curling the last piece of my hair.

I am wearing a red lace flowy dress. Red lipstick to match and a smokey eye look. Maggie topped it off by curling my hair.

"Thank you Mags! You look even more beautiful!"

Maggie is wearing a light blue, flowy dress with a jeweled top half. She also curled her hair but did light blue eyeshadow to match her dress.

"Just so you know how this works," Maggie starts, "Niall will be there. I just don't know where, so we have to stay alert."

I nod. "Got it."

Maggie smiles. "Okay. Let's get going."

We walk down the stairs and talk with Mrs. Parsons.

The doorbell rings and Mr. Parsons opens it. Revealing Keaton and Adrian.

"This is not a traditional way to do this." Keaton states.

I laugh. "This isn't a traditional dance either."

Adrian hums. "She does have a point."

Keaton puts his hand on my lower back. "You do look breathtaking, you know that?"

I look down.

Keaton stops in his tracks and lifts up my chin to make eye contact with him. "You are breathtaking." He repeats.

I release a sigh. "Thank you."

He interlocks our hands as we make our way to the door with Maggie and Adrian.

"Have Mags home by 2!" Mr Parsons yells.

"Will do!" Adrian shouts back.

Keaton and I have to stay at the arena tonight due to the fight tomorrow.

I had to stay regardless but my dad is making Keaton stay as leverage against me, in case I make a move.

The four of us hop into Keatons car and drive towards Newport's Boxing Arena.

The fighters homecoming and the championships will be hosted by our arena so that's nice...I guess.

I look out the car window. I pay attention to the little details of our little town.

My mind takes mental pictures of the streets as we pass by them.

There is one thing I know for sure.

Something is going down tonight.