Chapter 36: Taken

3:00 AM

Y/n's POV
     That garden... it was... incredibly strong.
     'Big sister... did you feel it too?' Susie lay her head on my lap underneath one of my arms.
     I pat her head, "Yes, that garden made the empath in me go wild. I did not like the heavy feeling I got from it...."
And yet, it's drawing me back to it's presence... I thought.
     I had been debating for the last several hours on whether or not I should go back to investigate more. Maybe perhaps I could find the reason or source as to why I was getting such a strong feeling from it. I was currently sitting on the floor of my dance studio.
     I looked towards the ghost, "Say, Susie?"
     'Yes mistress?'
     "Would you mind coming with me for a moment? Y'know, back with me to the garden. I know it's probably scary for you, but I could really use the company. Zalgo told me he would be busy for now so I can't ask him to come." I said.
     Susie hesitated, then nodded, "It will be scary, but if I'm with you I'll feel more at ease."
     I nod and smile at her before standing up. I decide to hover off the ground to move. It was faster than walking after all.
     I hover through the castle, leaving behind a trail of dark magic. Susie follows close behind.
     "Where are the others?" I ask her as we fly.
     "I think Gabriel took them to look into Zalgo more. We're not entirely sure what to think of him ourselves even though we are aware he is a friend to you." She replied.
     I nod, "That's understandable. Well, take your time. I hope you come to trust him. I think very fondly of Zalgo after all."
     Susie giggles, "Very fondly indeed, milady!"
    I press my lips into a line, I don't need the ghost children shipping me with anyone.... Oh well. I guess I'll just have to tolerate it.
     We arrive at the doors that open to the garden. I look up at them. Now that I've had a good look at them, they're pretty tall.
     I take a deep breath, "Alright! Here we go."
     I open the doors, still hovering. The garden reveals itself to me. It seemed to feel a bit different. I think Zalgo may have ordered for some lights to put in. I looked over and saw some light strings that look like they have yet to be put up.
     "Sense anything odd, Susie?" I ask.
     The ghost looks around, "I... The presence isn't as strong as it was when we first came here."
     I nod, "Yeah, you're right...."
     I turn to look at a ledge of red flowers that happened to catch my attention.
     "Hm...."
     I hover over to them, getting a better look at them.

     "Camellias

"Camellias..." I murmur.
Wait a minute... I think.
"Aren't these.... Susie-"

Third Person
Susie turns to look over to where her mistress's voice was heard, "... Big sis?"

Susie flies through the doors to Zalgo's office and to the rest of the fellow ghost children.
Gabriel notices her state first before the rest, "Susie? Oh, Susie, what's the matter?"
Tears were flowing from her ghost face as she sobbed, "Th-The mistress! It's the mistress!"
Zalgo immediately stood up, "y/n? What happened to her?"
"W-We were visiting the garden Zalgo gifted to her.... A-And... she..." Susie cried.
"What happened to her?" Zalgo asked, voice firm and desperate.
Susie's breath was hitching, "S... She was taken!"
Zalgo's eyes widened, before he briskly walked over to her.
"Susie, do you know what took her?" He asked.
Susie shook her head, "N-No, not for certain...."
Zalgo sighed.
Susie wasn't finished, "I only heard her scream: 'Get your filthy tendrils off of me you beast' from behind the ledge of red camellia flowers."
Zalgo drew back, "But there weren't any camellia flowers planted in the..."
The realization hit.
"Everyone, we need to set out looking for her right now. I will send out my demon forces to help as well. With everything that you have told me, I know who y/n's captors are...."