Chapter 27: The Confirmation Ceremony

Jason's POV
I did not sleep the night before the Ceremony, and I don't think the other pastas did either. Trender had me fitted for my outfit that was brought to me not too long ago. The Doll master and his Doll are to dress in formal attire. My clothing was similar to that of a ringleader.
It is 8:30 PM. the ceremony ends at 10:00. We will be starting soon. I wonder how my dear y/n is doing. I bet she will look ravishing in her outfit...

Your POV
"I REFUSE!!!"
"Y/n, my dear, you must put it on!"
"NO! I am NOT going to wear THAT in front of OTHER PEOPLE!!!"

I am in Trenderman's room to put on my outfit, but the very sight of it is enough to make me sick. Pup and Trender want me to wear a tutu to the confirmation ceremony. I know I was supposed to dress for the occasion, but this is ridiculous! (A/N: Image of tutu should be at the top)
"Y/n, come on. We are running out of time. You must put it on," Pup said.
"I can't! That thing is going to make a fool out of me!" I shouted, hiding in a corner.
Trender sighed, "We do not have all day, just put it on!"
"NO!!!"
I was so determined not to wear it that I was throwing a fit and physically fighting the two just so I wouldn't wear it.
"Y/n, this is the last straw. Either you put it on yourself, or I will Force it on you." Pup said so firmly it was scary.
I shook my head, tears starting to form in my eyes. Pup turned to Trender who nodded. Pup used his strings to make me walk into the changing room and put the damn dress on. I came out with a look of pure rage on my face, tears falling down from my face and on the ground.
"There, was that so hard?" Pup asked calmly.
" WHY THE HELL YOU ASKIN' ME? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO MADE ME PUT THE DAMN THING ON!!" I spat in his face.
I stomped out of the room and down the hall into where the girls were getting ready, Pup shouting for me to come back.
I walked into their room and sat there sulking.
It was Jane to squeal first, " OMGGG! You look adorablllle!"
The girls crowded around me, admiring the tutu.
I snapped, "THIS IS LITERALLY THE WORST DAY OF MY LIFE! I WAS SERIOUSLY FORCED INTO THIS DAMN TUTU! AND NOW I HAVE TO PERFORM IN FRONT OF THE WHOLE MANSION IN IT!"
The girls stood there. I was afraid I had gone too far and that they were goin to kick me out, but luckily, Someone else understood.
"I get it. Wearing that thing is awful. It makes you feel like a wuss, and that's understandable," Nurse Ann made her way through the group of pastas.
"But the outfit isn't the only thing. You still have to do your makeup." She said.
Jane gasped, "We could give her a rebel look!"
The girls all murmured in agreement.
"Alright, kid." Clockwork said. "We got ten minutes before you're handed off to Jason. We gotta make it count."
I smiled. My friends are the best.

🔮🔮🔮

I wait nervously behind the curtains. Pup was scolding me about the hissy fit and my makeup while we waited for the ceremony to begin. I peeked at the crowd and saw everyone I had ever met at the mansion. My eyes landed on Tiffinee, whom I hadn't talked to in so long. I felt bad. I was dragged and tossed around all every day in preparation for this ceremony that I never hung out with her much anymore. As soon as this thing is over I'll say hi to her, I thought.
Slender teleported onto the stage and thanked everyone for coming. He gave a speech about 'how hard everyone worked to make this possible' and 'everyone gave it their all' yada yada yada. All that crap.
Finally Slender nodded in my direction and my stomach jolted, this is it. The moment we've been planning for months on end.
Pup tapped my shoulder, "it's time, my Doll. It was a pleasure training you, Y/n. I hope you'll be happy with Jason."
I smiled at him, and gave him a hug which he returned. With that, I turned to the stage and began.

Puppeteer's POV
I saw her go on the stage and begin the routine we had worked so hard to choreograph and perform. It was amazing to see it all happening for real. Though something felt wrong..
This isn't right... I thought. How could humans hand off other humans as partners without their consent? It's like some twisted show where the government chooses your partner for you, and you have no choice. (A/n: Love and Lies anyone?) I can't bring myself to do it. I have to stop this... even if it means war with Zalgo... I ran onto the stage as the song came to the end and Jason was to be confirmed with y/n...