Chapter 38: Escape

Y/n's POV
I slowly opened my eyes. My vision was still a bit fuzzy so I blinked a few times to clear it up.
"H... Huh...?" I tried to look around, but my head wouldn't move.
My eyes shot open wide as I recognized the golden strings attached to my limbs.
"Oh no....." I said.
I had been in this room before. I knew it pretty well. This was my master's room, and right now he was keeping me imprisoned by using his strings.
He was standing in front of me, "... Hello, y/n."
"Puppeteer...." I said.
No response. I looked around at the familiar room.
I turned back to the Puppeteer, "So... what are they planning...?"
He paused, "They just want to keep you here away from Zalgo."
"And I assume they're going to do that at any means necessary...." I said, my words directed at his strings.
I took his silence as a yes.
I knew that I had to get out of here no matter what. This place is no longer my home. I'm sure no one thinks me as their friend any longer. Well... maybe Tiffinee. But I haven't seen her in a long time. I'm sure she thinks I've ditched her and honestly that in itself is deserving of hatred. I'm alone here. I gotta get back to Zalgo.
I thought of a plan. I looked over at Puppeteer with a sad, tired face, "... S'too quiet...."
"Hm?" He lifted his head to look at me.
I looked wearily in front of me, "It's to quiet.... Can't you put something on...? Please...?"
     Pup hesitated before deciding to put a song on. Tag You're It by Melanie Martinez. I'm sure he remembers I like that song.
Perfect, I think. I can make this work.
     I start softly at first, but gradually my humming to the son got louder and louder. Soon, I was full on singing to the song and my familiar dark purple magic began to appear around me.
     Pup immediately noticed this, but I was quicker. I used my magic to hold him, stomach down, onto the floor.
"Dammit, y/n...." He said through gritted teeth.
"I've gotta get back...." I said quietly.
I didn't know if he heard me or not, but I had to move quickly if I was to live up to my words.
I sent over some magic to Pup's hands so I could retract his strings on my own. Holding him there, I hover over to the door. Peering through it using my magic, I spy EJ and BEN guarding outside.
'Ok.... I can knock out EJ with ease... but BEN might be tricky....'
I decided that there had to be an easier solution.
     Using my magic, I turn invisible. Very carefully and quietly, I hover through the door.
I haven't had much practice with that kind of magic.... I should be careful. I think.
Hopefully when I get back to Zalgo he can teach me more things.
I hover quickly through the mansion. The figures of my old friends and fellow pastas shooting past me.
I miss the old times before Offender.... I thought.
     Thinking on the subject more, I realized that maybe staying here wasn't the best thing in the world. In one way or another, there was something wrong with the way we were living.
I just hope... that Tiffinee is alright.... She's gotta be happier than me. I think.
     I make it to the front door of the mansion. There were people guarding it.
I see Masky and...
     "Hoodie," I gasp.
Shit! You idiot!!
     "Y/n?" Hoodie says, puzzled.
      I freak out, causing my concentration to collapse. My invisibility is no more.
     "Y/N!!!" Hoodie shouts this time.
I shove past him and Masky, flying through the double doors. I was well aware that Hoodie had his gun, so I had to be very careful.
"Damn it, how could I be so stupid?" I curse at myself.
     I look back to see if anyone was coming after me, but I was stopped in mid-air when I felt myself collide with something.
     Said thing grabbed me with its tendrils and held me fast in its grip. I was quickly lifted to stare the thing in the eyes.
Or rather face.
I felt myself tense in fear as I saw the white face of Slenderman, who's head was defined with faint facial features of an extremely angered face.
     "Y/N." He boomed.
     "Slender...." I cursed the lump in my throat that made my voice quiver.
    "You have caused us this much trouble. At least have the sense to stay. put."
     I felt tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. My mind was too fuzzy from processing all of what just happened that I couldn't summon any concentration to make his tendrils rot like I had to Offenderman's. 
     "I-I don't want to stay here anymore-"
     "YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!! You never did!" Slender brought me closer to his ever defined face.
     I flinch. He was right.
     After I first came in contact with the pastas I should have known that I would never be able to break away from Slender's grasp. Not with all that I had known back then.
I regret all of this.... I think.
Oh Zalgo.... Where are you...?
My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a burning sensation shoot throughout my body that started from my leg. I screamed out in pain, and from what I could tell it seemed that Slender did the same as well. His grip on me loosened and he retracted his tendrils back to him, making me fall to the ground.
     I turn and look back to see what was the cause of such an excruciating pain, and saw a huge black figure looming over me.
What... the... hell...? I felt my body go tense with fear. This thing has an incredibly strong presence.
     It's white facial features turn upwards in a malicious grin as it stares at Slenderman, "Long time no see, Slendy."
     It's tongue draws out the nickname as if it were trying to mock Slender. I look over at the figure in question, he had taken a step back and a bead of sweat seemed to have appeared within the time of this new creature's arrival.
Ok, so they obviously know each other somehow. I think.
      Slender hesitated before speaking, "...What are you doing here of all places, Agony?"
     The creature's grin scrunched up in hissing laughter, "It's always the formalities with you, Slender. Are you really so set on not calling me by my given name?"
     It's hooded head turned over to look at me before turning its attention back to Slenderman, "In any case, I've been sent by an old friend to come collect his little lost pup. I'm sure you won't mind, considering what horrible problems she's caused for you."
     It shook with that same hissing laughter from before.
'Old friend...?' I think. Could he mean Zalgo?
     "That won't be happening, Agony, she belongs here." Slender seemed to be trying his best to keep up his authoritative composure.
This time, the creature roared with terrible laughter, "How cute!! Oh how cute!! This is so like you, Slender. To torment and deprive someone of their own free will despite the fact they're doing you no good! I bet its your own pathetic way of fooling yourself into thinking you'll have the upper hand...."
It sneered at Slender at the last statement.
    As Slender took time to think up his response, I slowly made my way over to the black thing. I had no idea what it was, but I was going to take my chances that it was a friend of Zalgo's.
     Before I could get to it's side, the same white tendrils that caught be before wrapped themselves around my torso.
     "AGH!!" I screamed.
     The sudden contact startled me, and I let out a cry of terror.
     The burst of new emotion seemed to have given the black thing a power high, because it began to loom over Slender and the pastas (who had begun to cower near the mansion's entrance.) It heightened itself above that of even the Slender brothers, and thick, black tendrils of its own lashed out from underneath it's treacherous black cloak. The tendrils only had to touch Offender's to rot them into two, and free me from his grasp. Then, the creature picked me up into its arms. Just the touch of it was able to make me freeze with anxiety and fear.
     "Apologies for the next part, but I'm afraid it's the only way for me to securely transport you to your rightful destination. Sleep tight, hope you're not too scared of the concept of night terrors.~"
    I barely had enough time to process it's words before it engulfed me underneath it's cloak. I was met with the crushing feelings of agony and fear, before falling unconscious from such strong emotions.

A/n: Sorry for the long wait! This chapter is pretty dumb if you ask me. MC could have easily just phased through the wall and out of the mansion instead of making her way through it. It's stupid I know, but nothing would have happened if she did that. (Ugh, this is why I treat this book as a joke. TwT) But anyways, as pathetic as this chapter was, I hope you enjoyed it even a little bit. (By the way the picture at the top is what Enmity looks like.)