《F I V E 》

《CHAPTER FIVE》

《CHAPTER FIVE》

《WARNINGS: NONE》

        "KEEP THE STUDENTS away from there,” Shota ordered. A man in a suit nodded as he turned, walking away. Shota walked towards Y/n. 

She was leaning against the hood of the car, a bottle of water idly resting beside her. Her arms were crossed over her chest, and she had a solemn look on her face. She looked up as Shota placed a hand on her shoulder. 

“You alright?” He asked gently. 

“I’ll feel better when we find Neoma,” She replied quietly. “Who was dispatched from the school?”

“Fushiguro and Kugisaki,” He said, motioning to the two teens, who walked around the field. 

“They shouldn’t be here,” She muttered. “They’re too low of a level. Yuuta or Yuuji should be here.”

“They’re out on a mission,” He said. “Trust me, I already requested them.”

“There’s something not right about any of this,” She said. 

“What do you mean?” He asked. She turned her head to face him. 

“Neoma at my grandmother’s old farm?” She questioned. “How the hell did she even know about it?”

Shota frowned. “Neoma never came here.”

“Exactly,” She said. “The only people who have been here were my mother, and you and I. This place was kept secret from Otousan for a reason. Neoma never knew about this place.”

“She must have followed one of us here before,” He said. 

“You came here and stayed a while back, didn’t you?” She asked. “After Shibuya?”

“Y-Yeah, but that was before Neoma rose…Y/n...you don’t think…”

“Shota,” She said seriously, a frown on her lips. “I don’t think Neoma ever died.”

“N-No...tha-that’s impossible,” He whispered, raising a hand to his head. “I-I watched her b-be…”

“She faked it,” Y/n said. 

“B-But why..?”

“I don’t know,” She said. “But I’m going to find out.”

“W-Where are you going?” He called, watching her push off the hood of the car. 

“To see if something is still here,” She said. “Oi! Megumi, you’re with me! Nobara, get with Shota!”

“Yes, Sensei!”

The dark-haired teen jogged to her side, falling into step with her. “Keep your guard up,” She said, making him nod. 

She jumped over the few stairs on the porch. She held her hand up, making Fushiguro pause. She took a few steps before standing over a board. She seemed to test her weight on it before stepping back.