《T H I R T Y - F I V E》

《CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE》

《WARNINGS: GORE, BLOODY THEMES, MANIPULATION

        NEOMA FELT HER legs moving forward. She walked towards the brown casket, only pausing when she felt the smooth blades of grass on her feet. She turned her gaze down, her lips parting slightly. Her feet were bare, and they were very pale--a paperwhite compared to her normal porcelain skin tone. The breeze made her shudder, and for the thin clothing on her body to rustle around her frame.

She looked at her hands, the gashes and deep cuts still visible in her palms. Her arms were practically torn to shreds, the flesh hanging off and even blowing and ripping in the wind. Despite the wounds, no blood was shed from them. She could see the green and purple veins under her thin skin, and she felt...stiff.

The feeling that had settled into her stomach was like nothing she'd ever felt before. It was far worse than dread--it almost gave her a sense of consternation--she forebodes whatever would happen next.

Her stomach churned and twisted, tightening and flipping, making her feel sick. This sense of fear was nothing as she had ever felt before, making her fear even more.

She didn't know how, but she began to move forward again. Her legs carried her towards the casket, and the faces surrounding it seemed to blur out. Their identities were a mystery to her, and their voices became muffled, preventing her from hearing what they were saying.

She looked around, almost anxiously. She felt like a thousand sets of eyes were surrounding her, watching her every movement. It paralyzed her with fear, but for some unknown reason and cause, she kept going.

She walked onto the small platform, the faux carpet scratching the bottom of her feet, and making her even more uncomfortable than she already was. Another figure had stepped onto the pedestal the same time she did, making her stop. Her fingers twitched at her sides.

This boy--no this was not a human, though it resembled it so. Its curly black hair shifted as it turned its head, the milky purple eye focusing on whoever was talking to it. It nodded, confirming whatever it was told. It reached forward, and she could see the rotting flesh on its hands and fingers, revealing the pinkish-white bones beneath.

"Poor Miss Haiyaku," It sighed, reaching into the casket. Neoma was on the opposite side, and she couldn't see who it was talking to. "They've torn your precious body apart. Can't let people see you like this--no, oh no. Poor Haruno-san might join you if he sees you like this."

The being sighed, propping its elbows on the side of the casket. It put his chin in the palm of its decaying hand. "Such a shame you had to go so soon, Miss Haiyaku. Such a pretty face, you had. Can't really see it now, really was a waste. You poor, poor thing. Your father is devastated!"

It moved away, walking towards a small table. It held up a needle, and she watched as a clear liquid flowed into it. It walked back towards the casket, once again sighing.