《E I G H T E E N》

《CHAPTER EIGHTEEN》

《CHAPTER EIGHTEEN》

《WARNINGS: EMOTIONAL MANIPULATION, FORCING IDEALS, MENTIONS OF PREVIOUS CHARACTER DEATH [MANGA SPOILER]》

         "GEN,” ITADORI CALLED softly. The boy opened his eyes, lifting his head up. Itadori immediately felt his chest tighten. Gen’s once bright green eyes had dulled and were half-lidded. Bags stained under his eyes from the lack of sleep, and his lips were pulled into a small frown. 

“Are you alright?” Itadori asked as he shifted around, causing the chains to rattle a little. Gen only nodded, bringing one of his feet onto the chair. He closed his eyes, resting his forehead against his thigh. 

Gen’s head remained down as Itadori turned, watching the metal door swing open. Neoma walked in, carrying two water bottles. A demon dog trailed in after her and sat by the door as she closed it. She hummed a random song as she walked inside. 

“Open your mouth,” She said, standing in front of Itadori. She cracked open the water bottle, holding it up to his lips. Itadori glared at her. She sighed. “Look, I didn’t put anything in it, alright? Now do you want to drink it or not?”

“Let Gen go,” Itadori said, once she’d moved the bottle away. Gen looked up. 

“If I let him go, then you’ll try and escape with him,” She said. “I’m not an idiot, Itadori-kun.”

“If you let Gen go,” He said, making her pause. “I’ll do whatever the hell you want me to.”

“Very tempting,” She said, looking over her shoulder. “But the answer is no. I need you both. Think of it...oh, what was it that Shota always said..? The two of you are a package deal. I can’t have one without the other. It’d be simply useless.”

“Gen is not a vessel,” Itadori frowned. “Having him here is pointless! Just let him go! I told you, I’d do whatever you wanted as long as you let him go.”

“That’s where you’re wrong,” Neoma said, placing the water bottle down as Gen turned his head away, refusing it. “Gen is a vessel. Why do you think he’s been so quiet, and so obedient lately? The curse inside of him knows who’s the stronger one here. It’s already submitted to me, hasn’t it, Gen-kun?”

“Don’t touch him,” Itadori growled. Neoma chuckled, placing her hands on Gen’s shoulders. He kept his head down, hiding his face away from view. 

“I’ve noticed that you’re very protective of him,” Neoma commented, rubbing the boy’s shoulders. “Why is that? Are you afraid of losing someone else, Itadori-kun?”

“I said--!”

“Don’t touch him,” She said, rolling her eyes as she dropped her hands. “You’re so damn pushy. Did you learn that from my sister?”