《T W E N T Y - E I G H T》

《CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT》

《WARNINGS: NONE》

《SEE END FOR CHARACTER VISUALS :D》

       THE ALMOST SILENT SOUND of the jet’s engines provided just enough white noise to lull almost everyone to sleep. Having already been in the air for five hours, and being up for so long before that, the occupants in the cabin were utterly exhausted. 

Resting in a plush chair, Shota watched the clouds pass by, the occasional flash from the jet illuminating the side of the wing. Glancing down at his wrist, he noted the time as 11:38 P.M which meant they would be arriving in Thailand at about 3 A.M. He knew that like the rest of the group, he should be sleeping, but he couldn’t bring himself to fall into a slumber. 

He stood up, walking towards the phone that was installed in the front of the plane. The pilot peeked through the curtain before smiling politely, returning to the cockpit after investigating the room. Shota took the phone from the receiver, dialing in a number. He leaned against the wall, tucking his arm around his chest as he waited. 

After the fourth ring, the phone was answered. A slightly unfamiliar female voice answered the phone. Shota straightened a little, recognizing the voice after a second.

“Hey, Heather,” He said. “It’s Shota. Has Naomi made it there yet?”

Oh! Hey, Sho. No, Naomi hasn’t made it to the house yet. But she did call about a half-hour ago from the airport. She said she was going to catch a taxi here. It shouldn’t be too much longer before she gets here...oh...hold on a second..”

Her voice disappeared from the phone. Shota tucked the phone between his shoulder and ear, picking at his nails as he waited. He could hear muffled voices, and after about three more minutes, a voice answered the phone. 

Hello? Sho, you still there?”

“Naomi,” He breathed, a slight smile pulling onto his lips. “You made it there safe, I assume?”

Yeah, I did,” She chuckled. “But let me tell you something. That damn taxi driver was so freakin’ talkative. He wanted to talk about everything under the sun! Well, I guess it would be the moon now. Anyways, have you landed yet?”

“No. We still got about four hours left,” He said. “I just wanted to make sure you were okay.”

Sho, babe, I’ll be okay,” She said, her voice softening on the other line. “I tossed my phone out in Japan, and we already made sure there were no trackers. Besides, I’m hidden up in the snowy mountains of Colorado. No one is going to find me. You need to be focusing on keeping yourself safe.”