Chapter 9

"He got older, but he never grew, for his life he can't tell the truth, how to love he ain't got a clue, playing games like he'll never lose you, try to talk to him, can't get through, everyday he's a different dude, these are the signs of a grown ass boy, better run for the hills, I'm just trying to keep it real ~K Michelle"

Excuse any mistakes! I'll edit this chapter later on tonight.
_

There was a knock at the door. Zoila walked to the front door and opened it.

"Hey, Deontae! She'll be down in a minute. Come in." Zolia said while smiling after hugging Deontae. He nodded as he sat down on the couch.

Calvin shook Deontae's hand after he sat down. He thought of Deontae as son even though, when they first met, he didn't like Deontae at all.

"She gets her lateness from her mother." Calvin says as Zolia started walking out of the room.

"No, she doesn't. She gets it from yo slow ass!" Zolia yelled from the kitchen.

"She gets that from her too." Calvin joked as he and Deontae laughed.

"You ready?" Valentina asked as she walked downstairs. Deontae licked his lips and nodded.

"We'll be back before 12, dad." Deontae said as he shook Calvin's hand.

"No, have fun! Take all the time you need." Calvin said as he walked them to the front door. Valentina kissed Calvin's cheek.

"Bye, mom. Bye, dad." Valentina yelled. Deontae and Valentina walked to his car. He opened the door for her and closed it after she got in.

"Deontae, I don't really wanna go out to eat. I'm not really hungry." Valentina said as she looked down at her fingers.

"Okay, where do you wanna go?" He asked her as he pulled off.

"I know nows probably a bad time to say this but, I have to say it. You know that boy, Angelo?" Valentina asked.

"The one who plays defense?" Deontae asked.

"Yeah, him. Me and him....we've kind of been talking for a little while and--" Deontae cut her off.

"You're the girl he said he was feelin'?" Deontae asked. He was trying to stay as calm as possible.

"He said that?!" Valentina yelled but she quickly calmed herself down. She cleared her throat. "Yeah, we've been talking but I just wanted to ask you a question about him."

"Okay, what's the question?" Deontae asked.

"Does he just want to have sex with me or does he really wanna get to know me?" Valentina asked.

"I don't really know. As long as you have respect for yourself and if he wants to get to know you, he'll respect you and your wishes." Deontae said, even though he wanted to say the complete opposite.

"I invited him over for dinner tomorrow night and I really want you to be there." Valentina said.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world, Valentina." He said as he clenched the steering wheel. Valentina smiled.

"Great!" She said. Deontae looked over at Valentina and noticed she didn't have her seatbelt on.

"Valentina, how many times do I have to tell you to put yo damn seatbelt on?" Deontae asked.

"My bad." Valentina said while laughing as she put her seatbelt.

"Keep laughing, ya lil four foot eleven ass gon' be flying out ones of these windows." Deontae said which caused Valentina to laugh even harder.